Foxtel

Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default Foxtel

Could anyone tell us how much a month you pay for the full Foxtell package and is it possible to get SKY on a remote satallite dish.
Dont mean to sound ignorant but can you get broardband internet connection and how much for unlimited
Many thanks
Josie
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:45 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtel

Originally Posted by lovealot
Could anyone tell us how much a month you pay for the full Foxtell package and is it possible to get SKY on a remote satallite dish.
Dont mean to sound ignorant but can you get broardband internet connection and how much for unlimited
Many thanks
Josie

Broadband prices www.whirlpool.net (forum )
or www.aanet.com.au - a typical provider

www.foxtel.com.au will give you package prices

you cannot get sky here - its too far round the bendy earth to bounce the siginals
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Many thanks
Josie
Monthly subscription to the works I think is $72 per month. We don't have it as of yet but have looked into it. I don't think you can get sky. broadcasting laws and all that.
We have broadband through www.iinet.net.au you can get a bundled package with phone for $79 per month. This has a 10 gig download limit. That is certainly fine for us but not sure what you download.
Hope this helps
Old Sep 10th 2005, 11:51 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Josie
We have FoxTel and get SKYNEWS
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:27 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

austar / foxtel have a lot of the same channels as Sky....no cbeebies though UKTV is on there if you need a fix of things like Eastenders, Holby City, Footballers Wives.....etc. They also have BBC World. Price is a lot more reasonable here than I remember it being in the UK.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banjo
austar / foxtel have a lot of the same channels as Sky....no cbeebies though UKTV is on there if you need a fix of things like Eastenders, Holby City, Footballers Wives.....etc. They also have BBC World. Price is a lot more reasonable here than I remember it being in the UK.

Hmmm, price for us was about the same. 27.99 in the UK, $69.99 here.

So, uhhm 27.99*2.4 = $67. Ok a tad more expensive here, and you don't get as many channels as the UK.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone answer a daft, Foxtel related query for me? If you watch one of the pay-per-view things on Digital Main Event, can you video it, or is there any form of scrambling? Having persuaded The Bloke to let me pay to watch a couple ot hings I'm just wondering whether we can video them too.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:38 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Josie
Don't bother its shite! But then again being able to watch world news is for me a plus, not sure its worth the $75 though. They still do the annoying adverts on it and the drivel they put on it is amazing. To bulk up the channels theres lots of ABC ABC+2, Fox, fox+2 same stuff just time shifted. If you are going to get it don't do what I did! To save a measily few bucks I signed up for 2 years just to get the installation for free! Now i'm stuck to the tune of $1800 before I can get rid of it. I could have bought sh*t loads of DVD's for that!
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:39 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can anyone answer a daft, Foxtel related query for me? If you watch one of the pay-per-view things on Digital Main Event, can you video it, or is there any form of scrambling? Having persuaded The Bloke to let me pay to watch a couple ot hings I'm just wondering whether we can video them too.
No you can't video it.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:41 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Hmmm, price for us was about the same. 27.99 in the UK, $69.99 here.

So, uhhm 27.99*2.4 = $67. Ok a tad more expensive here, and you don't get as many channels as the UK.
And theres no favorites button, not on mine anyway. I have to cycle through all the drivel god,shopping,cooking channels to get to the one I want. One day I'll remember the channel numbers.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
And theres no favorites button, not on mine anyway. I have to cycle through all the drivel god,shopping,cooking channels to get to the one I want. One day I'll remember the channel numbers.
Ever thought of using the EPG?
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No you can't video it.
Thats what I was afraid of.
Thanks for the quick reply - am now off to warn The Bloke and the MIL that I will be in possession of the TV tomorow afternion, and if they don't like Last Night of the Proms, they'd best leave now!!!!
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:47 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by wmoore
Ever thought of using the EPG?
What use would the Electronic Pong Game be? Seriously though, the EPG is fine but the favorites button would have been better.
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

What use would the Electronic Pong Game be? Seriously though, the EPG is fine but the favorites button would have been better.
I like the favourites button too but there's not really enough channels on Foxtel to warrant it probably
Old Sep 10th 2005, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

No you can't video it.

Oh yes you can, me ole son.

You use a wireless sender to send it to your computer, or even hardline it in and remove the macrovision

Shrink dvd would do the job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.