Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Found this website - emigrating to OZ

Found this website - emigrating to OZ

Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

OOHff I would love to see some of the programes but as I am not in the UK I never get the chance Everyone always chats about them but I am left out and i want to see them booohooooo
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hi & g'day .

Originally posted by kevin reeve
cant belive you will be so close , i love buderim . how come you are going there do you have family in buderim.
dont know if you ever watch a place in the sun[ but if you can belive it ] but we did that in i think 2001 they took us to cairns it was first on tv 3 days b4 we left uk and have been told by frie
nds/family that its been on again at xmas. we were so luckly. we have friends in brisbane so that why we chose further down from cairns
hubbys home now so catch up later xx debs xx
Debs - I've PM'd you.

Sally
Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:18 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found this website - emigrating to OZ

Originally posted by pukka pom
Sindy, have to say - really enjoyed reading your website, really good stuff - would like to see more real-life stories like yours.

Good luck for the future - Sally
Sindys story and others are listed here:-

http://www.movingdownunder.com/?

If it doesnt take you directly to the page you just need to click on 'experiences' on the left hand menu.

Enjoy

Rachelle

Old Apr 27th 2004, 8:20 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pukka pom
Sindy, have to say - really enjoyed reading your website, really good stuff - would like to see more real-life stories like yours.

Good luck for the future - Sally
Heres a couple more you may be interested in:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/features/...an_hills.shtml

http://www.aussiemove.com/aus/take.asp

Cheers

Rachelle
Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:14 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Sindy what a cost, your story is great enjoyed reading it.

We are leaving the uk on 30.04 2004 and coming to Adelaide as well, can't wait.

Where have you settled?

Clevs
Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:41 am
Just Joined

kevin reeve is an unknown quantity at this point

the progaremes were great to do , we were also very luckey to of been chosen to do 'a place in the sun'' think it was in 2001, they took us to cairns for ten day s filming but decided it wasnt for us , so we extented our stay and came donw to brisbane to see friends .
were are you ?
debs x
Old Apr 28th 2004, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi & g'day .

Originally posted by kevin reeve
hi debs here, wife of kevin.
we finally arrived in oz oct 2003, after almost 3yrs from start to finish, we also used the migration bureau in london think it cost us almost 4 grand but i really think it was worth it . we have 2 boys almost 21 & 18 they are loving every min of it as we both are . we are in mountain creek near mooloolaba 1hr north of brisbane.
we were very lucky as we were chosen by the bbc [2] for the show 'get a new life' so we were filming for the last 3 weeks in englang then 3 monthes here . should be on english tv early may. also a feature in the tv times .
i read sindys story and i think most of us can relate to some of it , very good .
bye for now debs xx in sunny oz .
Hi Debs,

Glad to read that you are all enjoying yourselves.

We were almost on TV ourselves :scared: I was contacted by the Associate Producer of 'I want that house' who stumbled across my web site! All was going well, they were planning on filming 5 shows in different locations and we were chosen for Adelaide.

Unfortunately the Producer decided that they did not have enough time to film 5 shows in their allocated time so cut out 3 locations, one of them being Adelaide Never mind, i'm sure I would have fallen flat on my face at some point, or done something else equally as embarrassing!

Good luck

Sindy
Old Apr 28th 2004, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by clevs
Wow Sindy what a cost, your story is great enjoyed reading it.

We are leaving the uk on 30.04 2004 and coming to Adelaide as well, can't wait.

Where have you settled?

Clevs
Hi Clevs,

Yes it did cost us an arm and a leg to get here, but the main thing is we made it It is the best thing we have ever done and I would pay twice as much to get here (although given the choice I would rather not!)

Not long now before your feet will be on Adelaide soil. Is this to validate your visa or do you have a one way ticket?

Finding somewhere to settle wasn't easy, there are just so many beautiful areas! We move in 8 days to a suburb called Modbury, this is a 10 minute drive north from the city.

Hope you have a good flight over

Sindy
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:15 pm
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Sindy
Hi Clevs,

Yes it did cost us an arm and a leg to get here, but the main thing is we made it It is the best thing we have ever done and I would pay twice as much to get here (although given the choice I would rather not!)

Not long now before your feet will be on Adelaide soil. Is this to validate your visa or do you have a one way ticket?

Finding somewhere to settle wasn't easy, there are just so many beautiful areas! We move in 8 days to a suburb called Modbury, this is a 10 minute drive north from the city.

Hope you have a good flight over

Sindy
One way all the way.

Can't wait...