Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Found $3000.00 Dollars at Singapore Airport

Wikiposts

Found $3000.00 Dollars at Singapore Airport

Old Jun 7th 2012, 1:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Found $3000.00 Dollars at Singapore Airport

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I brought a thousand or so and transferred the rest online. For the sake of 20-30 pounds its worth it in case you lose it!
I know, no way would I carry that sort of cash!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Aha! well done you! Your reward is NOT being done in singapore for the 200g of pure heroin secreted in the wallet.... Obviously IF you had kept it the rightful owner would have pointed you out when you arrived in australia to security and have you arrested whilst he made off with the drugs...

I think its time for me to put the bottle back on the top shelf...
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of

Definitely would hand it in - security cameras even if a persons moral compass is a bit wonky!! But there are a lot of people in this world who would have pocketed it so it is a surprise the guy didn't show at least a little bit of appreciation for your honesty.

Eddie - good point indeed. And a bit weird that anyone would be dumb enough to drop a wallet with that much cash - I'd have it strapped to my body! But easy solve - pocket the cash and ditch the drug-laced wallet Most notes have got something that's been up someones nose on them these days so they'd get right past the dogs
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter found an iPhone with a banner 'reward if found' displayed. I waited for the owner to turn up, expecting a nice thank you. She rolled up in a huge merc with $100 - would have turned it down, but she was loaded and really grateful. I think if you can afford a reward, it enforces good behaviour. In the UK the kids found a wallet with cash, handed it in and heard nothing. Even a thank you with a fiver would have been nice as they went out their way to go to the bank to hand it in.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Would have taken out half of it, and if the person was grateful and polite would have handed the rest over, and if not kept it .
Old Jun 7th 2012, 12:17 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely would have handed it in. I remember leaving my wallet with 500 quid in and a wealth of credit cards etc on a table in a bar in Cairo. Thought I'd never see that again and was amazed when a young Eygptian chap came over to return it. Offered him 50 quid reward which he declined. If poor people demonstrate such honesty...........
Old Jun 7th 2012, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

asmgx is an unknown quantity at this point

i forgot my wallet with $6000 in it in the airport,
did not notice that till i got home :/

rushed back to the airport, where i found it with the security.

it happens, and its better to be the one who find the money not the one who lose it
Old Jun 7th 2012, 12:21 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

I found a school kids wallet on the train in Sydney... looked through it and had a school pass, a few small denomination notes and some other membership cards etc but nothing with an address or contact details to allow me to return it.

Emailed the school, left a message that I had the wallet but as it was school hols took them a week or so to pass message on to school kid.
I got a brief email from him with an address to send it to, did so at my own cost and never heard a thing back.

The least he could do was email back saying thanks and that he had got it. having said that, I would do the same again - but hope if my kids were in that situation they would have the courtesty to say thanks!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 1:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Definitely would have handed it in. I remember leaving my wallet with 500 quid in and a wealth of credit cards etc on a table in a bar in Cairo. Thought I'd never see that again and was amazed when a young Eygptian chap came over to return it. Offered him 50 quid reward which he declined. If poor people demonstrate such honesty...........

Exactly, I would not be returning anyones wallet in the hope or expectation of a reward, a thank you is enough.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 2:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're ever in Barcelona, don't go to the bar just behind the Sagrada Familia. I left a purse there, realised about five minutes later, rushed back and it had gone and the only people who could have taken it were the staff and they denied all knowledge. Bar stewards!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

dannykc83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would of stole it lol thought id stir it up a bit
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Definitely would hand it back. My kid left mobile on train the other week, I phoned it and the station manager had it - someone had handed it in. Was very surprised and pleased.

I lost a v expensive tennis bracelet recently - either airport or on the plane. Was not handed in. I do wonder though what people's friends must think/say when people keep expensive things they find. If one of my mates did that I'd be disgusted with them. So, most probably someone is wearing my bracelet now and what do they tell people?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:08 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carling black label
Yep, in cash, in a wallet, sitting there.........................$3000 in cash, US dollars......

And you know what..............

I handed it in to security...........Would you have done the same thing?

I watched the guy come looking for it 20 minutes later, he was shocked i had handed it in, got no reward though.............
Similar thing happened to me once... went to use a pay phone at the airport and there was a wallet stuffed with cash sitting on top of the phone.

Handed it in and the owner (Japanese) came to claim it. He thanked me bowed and walked away.

I later was at the bar getting a drink and sitting at the bar was the same guy, he looked and smiled and bowed again and said thank-you.... my drink arrived and he didn't even offer to pay for it! (ungrateful or what!)
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Similar thing happened to me once... went to use a pay phone at the airport and there was a wallet stuffed with cash sitting on top of the phone.

Handed it in and the owner (Japanese) came to claim it. He thanked me bowed and walked away.

I later was at the bar getting a drink and sitting at the bar was the same guy, he looked and smiled and bowed again and said thank-you.... my drink arrived and he didn't even offer to pay for it! (ungrateful or what!)
Should have 'accidentally' spilt your drink over him, smiled, bowed and said 'my pleasure'.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carling black label
Yep, in cash, in a wallet, sitting there.........................$3000 in cash, US dollars......

And you know what..............

I handed it in to security...........Would you have done the same thing?

I watched the guy come looking for it 20 minutes later, he was shocked i had handed it in, got no reward though.............
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.