Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Found $3000.00 Dollars at Singapore Airport

Found $3000.00 Dollars at Singapore Airport

Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:04 am
Banned

carling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of lightcarling black label is a glorious beacon of light
Default Found $3000.00 Dollars at Singapore Airport

Yep, in cash, in a wallet, sitting there.........................$3000 in cash, US dollars......

And you know what..............

I handed it in to security...........Would you have done the same thing?

I watched the guy come looking for it 20 minutes later, he was shocked i had handed it in, got no reward though.............
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

tony440 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Found $3000.00 Dollars at Singapore Airport

i would have handed it in yes, but its sad that you got no reward for handing it in and doing the right thing
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:16 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony440
i would have handed it in yes, but its sad that you got no reward for handing it in and doing the right thing
Doing the right thing is the reward.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I would..... too many cameras

Seriously an airport is bad place to end up with no cash.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by carling black label
Yep, in cash, in a wallet, sitting there.........................$3000 in cash, US dollars......

And you know what..............

I handed it in to security...........Would you have done the same thing?

I watched the guy come looking for it 20 minutes later, he was shocked i had handed it in, got no reward though.............
I would have handed it in, but I would also have given a reward.

I lost my engagement ring in M&S once and it was handed in to my surprise, so I put a sum of money in a thank you card and asked the assistant in M&S to kindly pass it on. Positive reinforcement helps repeated good behaviour.

Good on yer mate!!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have handed it in but I would at least have expected a drink as thanks.

A woman got $485 cash out when she went through self serve at the supermarket on Friday. The daughter was overseeing so collected the money, before the next woman nabbed it . She passed it to Customer Service desk and it was all written up. The woman still hadn't come back by yesterday evening. That amount was obviously for something particular, why has she not realised?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Just yesterday I saw a really rough looking guy, running after a older lady who had left her cash in some teller machine. Made me smile, he was probably the sort of guy most would assume was 'bad'.

Bit different to the time I dropped my wallet in a shopping centre, loads of coins and a couple of notes fell out. some woman bent down picked up all the gold ones and bolted with them The cleaning man was really sweet, he chased after her But she bolted. Must have been some right desperado to need my wallet odds and ends

Teen in high school returned some $600 phone, the bloke never even thanked him.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Bit foolish to carry $3000 in your wallet though..
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember meeting some prat years ago who said he never carried Travellers' Cheques as "only tourists do that". And then mentioned how he'd accidentally left £1000 in the seat pocket of a plane ........
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Bit foolish to carry $3000 in your wallet though..
Seen them on here over the years quite often, people asking about whether they can carry $10,000 , $50,000 even $100,000 in cash with them when they emigrate
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I would have handed it in.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Seen them on here over the years quite often, people asking about whether they can carry $10,000 , $50,000 even $100,000 in cash with them when they emigrate
I brought a thousand or so and transferred the rest online. For the sake of 20-30 pounds its worth it in case you lose it!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 11:53 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I found a bag FULL of gold rings (jewellers samples) in Hong Kong airport on one occasion. It was a decent sized bag and must've been over a kilogram in weight!

I contemplated pocketing the goods and opening an eBay store - but decided in the end that it was wrong - so eventually located a rather begruding and surprised member of staff who then sat with me and counted every ring before filling in the paperwork and checking it into lost property (or at least as far as I was aware).... I never heard anything again. Was without a doubt the most valuable lost property I've ever stumbled across - no doubt someone somewhere was devastated about dropping them!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Imagine what it was worth? Any precious stones?

Could have been life changing!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 12:13 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have handed it in because it is the right thing to do and would not have expected a reward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.