Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Forwarding Post from UK

Forwarding Post from UK

Old Jun 4th 2004, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forwarding Post from UK

Does anyone have any tips on how you can set up a PO box in Brisbane so we can arrange to forward our mail from the UK?

Thanks
Old Jun 4th 2004, 12:31 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Forwarding Post from UK

Originally posted by jac16
Does anyone have any tips on how you can set up a PO box in Brisbane so we can arrange to forward our mail from the UK?

Thanks
Dunno about Brissie, but in Melbourne the other week, the nice man in the main post office suggested that I save my cents and use their *free* Poste Restante facility instead. All you need is photo ID (eg passport) to collect postal items held for you.

Might be worth looking on the main Brissie PO web site?

Good luck!

Anya.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 12:33 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help you with that but we intend to divert all our post to a trusted relative who will deal with stuff that needs doing (ie bin junk mail! ) until we have settled.

We figure that diverting to Oz may mean important stuff may run out of time to be dealt with, if you see what I mean.

Good Luck
Old Jun 4th 2004, 12:43 pm
Comfortably Numb Member

deno is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Hiya

Moving to Melbourne, no one left in the UK so I plan to find an accomodation address within a small local secretarial services company in the UK.

Get everything sent there and they will hold / ship as per your instructions.

You can phone or email them and they will go through the letters, even read them if you want.

Costs are worth it and need only last a short time until you get settled.

Good Luck
Old Jun 4th 2004, 1:26 pm
mickj

With all that has been going on at Royal Mail lately, you trust them to handle your mail? I just get mine sent to my place in london, and my sister picks it twice a week, and send it to me, without the junk mail of course

Thanks

Old Jun 4th 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hi there

We move out to the Gold Coast in 4 weeks and have set up a Mail Box already. This is part of the email that they sent to us. Their email address is [email protected]. They are located in Robina but I am sure they would have offices in other areas of Brisbane

Yes it is possible to open a Mail Box prior to your departure from the UK. We will have to sight your original passport before any mail can be collected, but in the mean time just send us your details.

In relation to the price, we have a few categories to choose from:

Personal Small: 3 Months $47.50 / 6 Months $80.00 / 12 months $130.00
Business Small: 3 Months $60.50 / 6 Months $106.00 / 12 months $182.00
Business Medium: 3 Months $67.00 / 6 Months $119.00 / 12 months $208.00
Business Large: 3 Months $80.00 / 6 Months $145.00 / 12 months $260.00

Please let us know what you think your requirements are and we will reply with more info.

Regards,

Warren Winter

Hope this helps

Sharon