Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Yellow envelope

The Yellow envelope

Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default The Yellow envelope

Before I had sight of the yellow envelope I used to imagine it going to be some bright shade of yellow that I had never seen before and used to really look forward to it.

When it actually landed (meds request) I was rather dissapointed at the shade, because I had frequently used it in the USA and was therefore familiar with it. In fact I do have some left over.

Question is how the USA and Australia use yellow envelopes and us Brits do not? We tend to use brown and white envelopes.

Therefore maybe people in the states and Aus applying for immigration to the UK frequently post threads on their forums "brown envelope arrived today".
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:23 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Nah .... do they
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

As you say Yellow is definitely not used in the Uk, more a dull khaki brown!

Funny thing is I have not seen any yellow envelopes in the shops here in Aus either and I have looked! Maybe it is just the important places that use them.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:24 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

And more the point why on earth would they be wanting to go to the uk
Our pr acceptance came in a very boring white envelope from nz house
Old Jun 4th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Re: The Yellow envelope

Another thing I've noticed is that the seal is a lot stickier on the yellow envelope than anything we use. Mine still works 6 months after it arrived, (case is on hold you see and I like to take out the medical forms from time to time).
Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:36 am
sky
Banned

Old Jun 4th 2004, 9:58 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Majj
Another thing I've noticed is that the seal is a lot stickier on the yellow envelope than anything we use. Mine still works 6 months after it arrived, (case is on hold you see and I like to take out the medical forms from time to time).

You've really had a good look at that envelope haven't you
Old Jun 4th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by sky

Old Jun 4th 2004, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by leanda
You've really had a good look at that envelope haven't you
Yep, that yellow envelope is going to be cherised for a very long time.