Reload this Page >

Formalities during the first Validation

Formalities during the first Validation

Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Vik2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Formalities during the first Validation

Originally Posted by Pollyana
When you actually go into their offices and register - ie tell them you ar here and they verify it on the computer, THEN you are registered with them and then the clock starts tickin for the private health care thing.
My own experience has been the same. I got my PR in 2005 & paid a 5-day visit to Australia to validate my visa.

I arrived in Australia permanently in June 2008 & was able to get private medical insurance in March 2009 without any lifetime health cover loading.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Medicare gets an automatic notification from DIAC as soon as your visa is validated, so they know that you are in the country. However you need to be a resident of Australia, so if you are only here on holiday (eg validating) our access to Medicare is limited. .

When you actually go into their offices and register - ie tell them you ar here and they verify it on the computer, THEN you are registered with them and then the clock starts tickin for the private health care thing.
Thanks Pollyana. That makes sense.

Originally Posted by Vik2
My own experience has been the same. I got my PR in 2005 & paid a 5-day visit to Australia to validate my visa.

I arrived in Australia permanently in June 2008 & was able to get private medical insurance in March 2009 without any lifetime health cover loading.
Thank you.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:20 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Yeah thanks, panic over again.

Btw Alfresco - Love your new Avatar!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyx
Yeah thanks, panic over again.

Btw Alfresco - Love your new Avatar!

Thanks. I thought I'd stick my neck out a bit.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

ThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura about

last year I'd read very useful post of
things we must do before and after (by time 6 months, 1 month, 2 week, flight day, arrival to AU ) of migration, look like very useful check list.
Now I can't find it. please guide that topic link, if you know.

thanks

Update: I found it, it is on first page and I didn't see last couple of hour

To Do List/Useful Aus Links/Contact List/Top Tips/Rough Guide to BE

Last edited by ThKmOZ; Mar 9th 2010 at 7:44 am.