Forest Lakes

Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice
Default Forest Lakes - Brisbane

Just a quick question! Any advice on living in Forest Lakes, houses, schools, work (construction).

Thanks

Brickie

Last edited by brickies wife; Aug 14th 2006 at 6:11 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:09 pm
Down under NOW ye ha

joe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to all
Default Re: Forest Lakes

Is that forest lake brisbane ?

Originally Posted by brickies wife
Just a quick question! Any advice on living in Forest Lakes, houses, schools, work (construction).

Thanks

Brickie
Old Aug 14th 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Originally Posted by joe north east
Is that forest lake brisbane ?
Yes, sorry.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:17 pm
Down under NOW ye ha

joe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to all
Smile Re: Forest Lakes

Hi the wife and i have just getting our visa,s 136 modl, we are heading for forest lake. A good friend of ours lives there and has done for nearly 2 1/2 years, we went out last june for a month and forest lake is fantastic, good schools and a lovely little village shopping centre everything you need. Im a Joiner and i found plenty of construction going on all around, my wife is a hairdresser, we hope to there soon the house is on the market and we are ready to go .... good luck

Yes, sorry.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:19 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at www.delfinforestlake.com.au. We are moving just over the Centenary Highway from you in Springfield Lakes which is another new suburb.

Loz x
Old Aug 14th 2006, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
Take a look at www.delfinforestlake.com.au. We are moving just over the Centenary Highway from you in Springfield Lakes which is another new suburb.

Loz x
Do a search for posts by Tricky Tree, he's down that way.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 10:57 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Heres a couple of other threads mate

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384860

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372966

Cheers TT
Old Aug 15th 2006, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Forest Lakes - Brisbane

We've been in Forest lake about 3 weeks now, started off Bayside then decided to come here due to Hubby's job, he got a job in Wacol about 10 mins from Forest Lake. We like it here, got my son (8) into F Lake State school which is a great place for him, he loves it. My daughter (3) goes to the daycare right next door, so I get rid of both kids within minutes of eachother fantastic!!!!

There is a shopping area here, but if you get fed up of that theres plenty of other shopping around only bout 10-15 mins in a car from here. I really like Indooroopilly.

Also gotta let you know theres a great club we've just joined Queensland Lions Soccer Club about 5 mins out of Forest Lake. Great beer (Guiness!!) good food, great surpervised Kids den, and best of all they have a courtesy car that picks you up and takes you home free of charge!!! are we in heaven or what?!?! Only $10 to join. Theres also another smaller club we gotta check out Blue Fins or something like that.

Forest Lake is a nice place, my only qualm is the houses are very close to eachother for my liking. When we come to buy I'd like a bit more privacy and room so we may look just outside Forest Lake. But all in all its a great community to live in .

Good Luck

Sadie
xxx

Thanks

Brickie
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:02 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear your settling into FL Sadie it would be a perfect location for a job in Wacol.

There are also many places to look at once you look to buy on larger blocks (>1000m2) in FL and the surrounding areas (just check out realestate.com and use the advanced search).......good luck!

Originally Posted by The S's
We've been in Forest lake about 3 weeks now, started off Bayside then decided to come here due to Hubby's job, he got a job in Wacol about 10 mins from Forest Lake. We like it here, got my son (8) into F Lake State school which is a great place for him, he loves it. My daughter (3) goes to the daycare right next door, so I get rid of both kids within minutes of eachother fantastic!!!!

There is a shopping area here, but if you get fed up of that theres plenty of other shopping around only bout 10-15 mins in a car from here. I really like Indooroopilly.

Also gotta let you know theres a great club we've just joined Queensland Lions Soccer Club about 5 mins out of Forest Lake. Great beer (Guiness!!) good food, great surpervised Kids den, and best of all they have a courtesy car that picks you up and takes you home free of charge!!! are we in heaven or what?!?! Only $10 to join. Theres also another smaller club we gotta check out Blue Fins or something like that.

Forest Lake is a nice place, my only qualm is the houses are very close to eachother for my liking. When we come to buy I'd like a bit more privacy and room so we may look just outside Forest Lake. But all in all its a great community to live in .

Good Luck

Sadie
xxx
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Tricky,

Just got online last night after having no comp at all since leaving UK, been on here since 9am feels like about 5 mins!!!.

Its great for OH working in Wacol he's home in 10 mins unlike UK, 45 mins to work made it a long day for him. Now I pick the kids up from school (2 mins away) and meet him in F L Tavern it's great.

We are looking at houses at the moment, we went out to mount Crosby t'other day beautiful place, also surrounding areas look lovely Kenmore, Belbowrie etc, don't know if is feasable though due to that busy Moggill road, we're looking at using the ferry to get him to and from work, don't know yet still early days.

Where abouts are you in FL

Sadie

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Good to hear your settling into FL Sadie it would be a perfect location for a job in Wacol.

There are also many places to look at once you look to buy on larger blocks (>1000m2) in FL and the surrounding areas (just check out realestate.com and use the advanced search).......good luck!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

I live in forest lake have done for nearly 3yrs plenty of everything you will ever need good place to live close to the industrial heart of the south of Brisbane but far enough away for the peace and quit the pubs ok to
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

I live in forest lake and its full of british we must be living in a different world :scared:
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wintersgills
I live in forest lake and its full of british we must be living in a different world :scared:
There must be SOME Aussies down there - you keep saying its "full of British", but until you came along it didn't get mentioned often on here