Reload this Page >

Forest Lake Meet??

Forest Lake Meet??

Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

steved01 is on a distinguished road
Question Forest Lake Meet??

Hi All,

We just moved into Forest Lake 2 weeks ago (got the keys for the rental house on Monday - Beltana Place, Clarendon Cct) and our eldest (7 in a couple of weeks) has just started at FLSS this week.

Does anyone have children at the school as Luke has mentioned that he is spending breaks by himself as he doesn't know anyone or do you know anyone with children who Luke could be friends with. It's breaking my heart to think of him being sad at school as we came from a tiny village school in the UK with just 90 pupils and I think he's a bit overwhelmed as he knew everyone at the old school...

It would be great to meet with some other brits as although we know a few locals (Ozzies from years ago) in the area already, none of them have kids.

It would also be really good to share some beers and talk about stories of how everyone is doing.

Cheers,
Steve, Steph, Luke (aged 6) and Ella-Mae (aged 4 1/2)

Last edited by steved01; Oct 10th 2007 at 1:43 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Phyllis n Joe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Forest Lake Meet??

Originally Posted by steved01
Hi All,

We just moved into Forest Lake 2 weeks ago (got the keys for the rental house on Monday - Beltana Place, Clarendon Cct) and our eldest (7 in a couple of weeks) has just started at FLSS this week.

Does anyone have children at the school as Luke has mentioned that he is spending breaks by himself as he doesn't know anyone or do you know anyone with children who Luke could be friends with. It's breaking my heart to think of him being sad at school as we came from a tiny village school in the UK with just 90 pupils and I think he's a bit overwhelmed as he knew everyone at the old school...

It would be great to meet with some other brits as although we know a few locals (Ozzies from years ago) in the area already, none of them have kids.

It would also be really good to share some beers and talk about stories of how everyone is doing.

Cheers,
Steve, Steph, Luke (aged 6) and Ella-Mae (aged 3 1/2)

Hi Steve,

You need to contact the school as they should "buddy" your son up with another kid with similar interests, to help him settle. Believe me i ve had my share of problems getting my kids settled!! But after being in touch with the school and alerting them to the problem its been great. Hope this helps.

Phyllis
Old Oct 10th 2007, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

steved01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Phyllis n Joe
Hi Steve,

You need to contact the school as they should "buddy" your son up with another kid with similar interests, to help him settle. Believe me i ve had my share of problems getting my kids settled!! But after being in touch with the school and alerting them to the problem its been great. Hope this helps.

Phyllis
We're due to go into school on Friday to have a catch up on his first week with the teacher and i'll mention this buddying. He keeps saying that some of kids in his class are mis-behaving and his teacher said after the first day that she was trying to steer him away from these particular kids. He was so sheltered before it's a bit worrying....
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:37 pm
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steved01
We're due to go into school on Friday to have a catch up on his first week with the teacher and i'll mention this buddying. He keeps saying that some of kids in his class are mis-behaving and his teacher said after the first day that she was trying to steer him away from these particular kids. He was so sheltered before it's a bit worrying....
Steve sent you a pm
anne