Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

footy fans in aus

footy fans in aus

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Default footy fans in aus

Hi there, hoping to move to Perth in oct time, and the season has only been finished a month or so and I really miss the footy action and as I support QPR I doubt if I will get too much coverage of the championship in Perth.

how have others coped, I know that your life changes big time but the rangers have been in my life for a very long time and I know it is going to hit me hard. Rangersman
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: footy fans in aus

I feel for you cos AFL is the first sport i have loved and would be lost without it (summer was bad enough) Can't help you re the soccer coverage over here, i'd rather watch errm snooker
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:06 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by rangersman
Hi there, hoping to move to Perth in oct time, and the season has only been finished a month or so and I really miss the footy action and as I support QPR I doubt if I will get too much coverage of the championship in Perth.

how have others coped, I know that your life changes big time but the rangers have been in my life for a very long time and I know it is going to hit me hard. Rangersman
You have no chance mate with the obsession with AFL here. Many Perth people are migrants from the UK who get a sudden 'likeness' to an alien sport not played or even talked about in the UK.

Perth Glory are the local pro soccer side and get crowds around 9000.

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:08 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
You have no chance mate with the obsession with AFL here. Many Perth people are migrants from the UK who get a sudden 'likeness' to an alien sport not played or even talked about in the UK.

So that means they shouldn't talk about it now they're here then????

AND actually they do show it on sky i've been told.

And they are gaining a big following for Galic football which our AFL players go to in the summer.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:13 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by hevs
So that means they shouldn't talk about it now they're here then????

AND actually they do show it on sky i've been told.

And they are gaining a big following for Galic football which our AFL players go to in the summer.
But Gaelic Football isnt AFL is it? I have respect for Irish Football, with the likes of Brian Carney who switched from that game to League and now plays for GB Lions.

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by PommieLeague
But Gaelic Football isnt AFL is it? I have respect for Irish Football, with the likes of Brian Carney who switched from that game to League and now plays for GB Lions.
No it isn't but many of the rules (yes yes there are lots of them people do cross over and its a great way to get the AFL, due to the players, known out of Aus
Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:41 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rangersman

Dam good team you support there Rangersman

I know what your going though, I will be getting Broadband and subscribe to QPR World. I know a couple of R's in Aus, and hope to sort out an Aussie Website.

We are going to Queensland, but you never know, maybe a weekend meet-up of R's supporters once a year might be a way to go.

UUUUUURRRRRRRRRR'SSSSSSSS