Football

Old Apr 6th 2006, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Football

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
martinluther - are you saying there's like a premier ethnic league and a championship ethnic league? with different ethnics playing against each other?
No, some teams are Italian, some a Greek, etc...

This is less of a problem around Sydney where some multi-ethnic teams have been started.

Also it is not really a problem until the kids get older and hopefully by then the teams may have become more inclusive.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Apr 7th 2006 at 12:07 am.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that I am deeply saddened by football fans saying that they would rather watch Aussie Rules because it is more "exciting". Games can be over before half time (by some distance) and I can't get into the whole "kick, catch, stop, kick, catch, stop" that makes up most of the game. The hand passes just look like they are rubbish at throwing the ball .

To the original poster, I think that any City in Australia will have football clubs/coaching for kids as, like America, it seems to be a popular sport for kids upto 11-12. You may find that your kids actually like Aussie Rules more than football. Me, I would rather eat my own earwax than watch Aussie Rules
Old Apr 7th 2006, 10:08 am
Just Joined

Foeke Booy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by angelpie
Unfortunately near Guildford, Surrey-UK!

My son is really good at football and loves it so was just trying to find out if there was any clubs before we get there.
There will be plenty of clubs for you to choose from so he wont have to change codes and with Australia finally getting to the World Cup it's popularity will just keep on growing.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 11:32 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CORKER
Anyone know of any junior clubs in Adelaide..?????
Have a look here corker.
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...menuItemID=754 ............. mm