Reload this Page >

Food Hygiene Certificate

Food Hygiene Certificate

Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Shaundawn will become famous soon enough
Default Food Hygiene Certificate

Hi
Does anyone know if what we call the Food Hygiene certificate is the same as the one they would have in Australia?
I am a cook here in the UK and I am due to update the certificate in September which costs £80.
Dont really want to pay to update it if I would have to sit the exam again when we arrive if it would not be compatible.
Thanks
Dawn
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future
Default Re: Food Hygiene Certificate

hi dawn
dont bother updating there it doesnt mean anything here,you will have to do one here,i had to.i only work in a school canteen and they wanted me to take an aussie course,i just did one online,all the same sort of stuff though.
Originally Posted by Shaundawn
Hi
Does anyone know if what we call the Food Hygiene certificate is the same as the one they would have in Australia?
I am a cook here in the UK and I am due to update the certificate in September which costs £80.
Dont really want to pay to update it if I would have to sit the exam again when we arrive if it would not be compatible.
Thanks
Dawn
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Re: Food Hygiene Certificate

The food handling course is the first requirement (our council does it for $40 if your resident in the borough - $80 if not) followed by the full certificate for which get your licences $80/$120 - I haven't done the courses yet but am booked in for October and November. I understand the premises which the licence is attached to, have to meet standards such as a separate sink.

I booked in July so there's a bit of demand for the courses (they're much more expensive in our loca college).

Hope this helps as information available can be vague.