Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fountain Gate...(Melbourne SE mall)

Fountain Gate...(Melbourne SE mall)

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fountain Gate...(Melbourne SE mall)

We went for the first time in about 3 months. We normally try to avoid the place as it can be very depressing.

The garden shops and furniture shops were practically deserted. As reported, looks like interest rates have begun to bite.

Bad news- my 2 year old daughter caught up on FG and was saying it alot. We hope to God she does not turn into a little Kath and Kimette!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

grevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of lightgrevillia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fountain Gate...(Melbourne SE mall)

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
The garden shops and furniture shops were practically deserted. As reported, looks like interest rates have begun to bite.

Interesting, because Melbourne Central Mall was jam packed full last Wednesday afternoon. Have never seen so many people there & several sales assistants in the shops commented that they had no idea what had brought this on.

Maybe they were all tourists though?

G.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:31 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grevillia
Interesting, because Melbourne Central Mall was jam packed full last Wednesday afternoon. Have never seen so many people there & several sales assistants in the shops commented that they had no idea what had brought this on.

Maybe they were all tourists though?

G.
FG - acccessible by vehicle (fuel price)
MCM - accessible by public transport (fare evaders)

MCM also has other (non shopping) activitites near by to keep Peeps occupied.

Chadstone is out of order at present (with building/construction work). Perhaps the consequence is people drift to the city instead.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
We went for the first time in about 3 months. We normally try to avoid the place as it can be very depressing.

Bad news- my 2 year old daughter caught up on FG and was saying it alot. We hope to God she does not turn into a little Kath and Kimette!
Since working for Aus post, over the past 12 years, I've noticed when we are flat out, the economy seems to be booming, when we are quiet the economy seems flat. Last year, I had so much overtime it was doing my head in. Last 4 months have been very very quiet.... It's times like this I thank my luckys that I've got a Government type job.

My closest workmates Husbands Mechanics business in Wandong, is really suffering as well, she had to lay of both their apprentice sons.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
FG - acccessible by vehicle (fuel price)
MCM - accessible by public transport (fare evaders)

MCM also has other (non shopping) activitites near by to keep Peeps occupied.

Chadstone is out of order at present (with building/construction work). Perhaps the consequence is people drift to the city instead.
FG is also mortgage belt. Sums up alot of the SE IMHO.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

The sales are good too and the retailers are giving big discounts to attract buyers, see that tvs are selling well though with the Olympics round the corner.

I buy on the web if possible and so does my daughter so perhaps we are becoming web shoppers rather than going shopping. I find if I want anything specific that I need I find its difficult to find a person with the knowledge. So the web is better for that as can email and ask questions seek out info on forums etc before buying.

So a lot of shopping is now being done all over the world by people rather than down the road.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
The sales are good too and the retailers are giving big discounts to attract buyers, see that tvs are selling well though with the Olympics round the corner.

I buy on the web if possible and so does my daughter so perhaps we are becoming web shoppers rather than going shopping. I find if I want anything specific that I need I find its difficult to find a person with the knowledge. So the web is better for that as can email and ask questions seek out info on forums etc before buying.

So a lot of shopping is now being done all over the world by people rather than down the road.
Missus is back down, and it is packed ...apparently.(!)
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

It is Sunday after all only people who have four legged friends get up early like me