Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying tomorrow for my interview

Flying tomorrow for my interview

Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flying tomorrow for my interview

Hi everyone,
Just to let you know I'm off to Mackay tomorrow night (Manchester 19:45 with Emirates) on my own :scared:
I am being met at the airport on Sunday by the manager of the firm I have the interview with.

Just wondering have any of you done anything like this, I am flying the other side of the world, to meet people I have only ever spoken to on the phone.
I haven't a clue what the place is like, only info off here and the internet.
Am I mad? :scared:
Anyway will let you all know how I get on next week
Cheers for now
D
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:28 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Flying tomorrow for my interview

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi everyone,
Just to let you know I'm off to Mackay tomorrow night (Manchester 19:45 with Emirates) on my own :scared:
I am being met at the airport on Sunday by the manager of the firm I have the interview with.

Just wondering have any of you done anything like this, I am flying the other side of the world, to meet people I have only ever spoken to on the phone.
Cheers for now
D

Good luck for it all - hope the stuff I emailed you a while ago came in handy.

Not done what you're doing, but flown to Australia three times by myself now, not to mention other places around the world. I actually prefer it, you can be tired and sleep / stay up watching movies the whole time without it conflicting with what anyone else wants to do
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

kyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nicekyliecuteass is just really nice

good luck
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone,

Cheers for now
D
I flew to Sydney with my family for three interviews aranged via the internet and agencies. We spent a fabulous three weeks in Sydney (a few days also in Adelaide) had my interviews and was offered two jobs. I have just accepted one and will be living in Sydney by June/July hopefully.

No worries, just be relaxed and yourself and you will be fine I'm sure. Enjoy the flights and the excitment of being in a new place.

I must admit we thought we were mad travelling around the world on a whim -with three kids under 6 - trying to get a job. But it was worth the experience, and I got the job and a new adventure starts!!

Let us know how you get on.

Good Luck
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:11 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Cheers for now
D
Good Luck!! You're living our dream - go for it!!!!

D D
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Good luck for the interview....I recently drove 100 miles for an interview, and I thought that was a long way......puts it in perspective really...lol

Agree with mlbonner re flying on your own...sometimes it's a real blessing for the same reasons!!

Keep us posted on the outcome....fingers crossed for you.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

is there noone from the forum from this area who could meet up with u after?

good luck, but u wont need it
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:05 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

To a Blue from a Red, mega good luck mate with the interview, im sure you will be fine. by the way is the house sorted yet??

Nev.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 12:25 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

Cheers for now
D
Go on my son!! you will be as right as rain mate!! good luck and just remember, they want you as much as you want them!! you are good at your job & remember that aswell, enjoy the break and go for it!!

Take Care Mate.

Malcolm.