Reload this Page >

Flying Spiders, yuk ...

Flying Spiders, yuk ...

Old May 10th 2003, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flying Spiders, yuk ...

How about these nasties,

Whilst living in Mauritius 1987 / 1989 we regularly saw on a daily basis what would appear to be FLYING SPIDERS, I'm not joking these things looked like black golf balls covered in fur hovering around with legs dangling, even the locals kept their distance when they buzzed around, yuk ...

Fat spiders, thin spiders, big spiders, small spiders, no worries mate, BUT I Don't want to see Flying Spiders in OZ Thank You,
Old May 10th 2003, 10:31 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying Spiders, yuk ...

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
How about these nasties,

Whilst living in Mauritius 1987 / 1989 we regularly saw on a daily basis what would appear to be FLYING SPIDERS, I'm not joking these things looked like black golf balls covered in fur hovering around with legs dangling, even the locals kept their distance when they buzzed around, yuk ...

Fat spiders, thin spiders, big spiders, small spiders, no worries mate, BUT I Don't want to see Flying Spiders in OZ Thank You,
the large bush HUNTS MAN that you find under gumtree bark, can jump 3feet,,,,, did,nt believe till i saw two old ladies being chased by one. remember the old adage"IT,S NO GOOD STANDING ON THE SEAT , THE SPIDERS IN HERE CAN JUMP THREE FEET,".........................mm:scared: ...........
Old May 11th 2003, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

penzer is an unknown quantity at this point

great, spider tennis or cricket practice.......just kidding isn't nature beautiful.
Old May 11th 2003, 9:59 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
the large bush HUNTS MAN that you find under gumtree bark, can jump 3feet,,,,, did,nt believe till i saw two old ladies being chased by one. remember the old adage"IT,S NO GOOD STANDING ON THE SEAT , THE SPIDERS IN HERE CAN JUMP THREE FEET,".........................mm:scared: ...........
ok, thats not very funny! please say you were winding us up!
:scared:
Old May 11th 2003, 10:40 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
ok, thats not very funny! please say you were winding us up!
:scared:
No i.m serious don, t pull any bark off red gum trees. the chances of you see,ing one in oz are the same as getting hit by lightning...............MM:scared:
Old May 11th 2003, 11:18 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

We have only been here for a week and have already seen some big buggers. We are staying with my parents (who live in the bush) and they have just found a red back nest under their patio. My poor kids are not allowed out of my sight. I hate the things, and am having the quickest showers of my life because for some reason they seem to like it in there!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Brox
Old May 11th 2003, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brox
We have only been here for a week and have already seen some big buggers. We are staying with my parents (who live in the bush) and they have just found a red back nest under their patio. My poor kids are not allowed out of my sight. I hate the things, and am having the quickest showers of my life because for some reason they seem to like it in there!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Brox
Hi Brox family,

Glad all is going well, really pleased for you all

Best wishes,
Old May 11th 2003, 11:55 am
Banned

Originally posted by brox

Mrs Brox
BEEN HERE 40 YRS HAV,NT BEEN BITTEN YET...........MM
Old May 11th 2003, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Never mind the spiders what about the crocs.This article was taken from the West Australian in April.
Attached Thumbnails Flying Spiders, yuk ...-croc.jpg  

Last edited by dibrucewillis; May 11th 2003 at 12:41 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 5:53 pm
Banned

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Never mind the spiders what about the crocs.This article was taken from the West Australian in April.
There was a story going around GOVE in the northern territory a few years ago, about an american tourist who went in to the local police station to inquire about the local swimming beach , it went some thing like this, "is there any ,problems with sharks,?" ,the police man thought for a second "nah" the tourist turned to leave "the croc,s ate them all".:scared: ............MM
Old May 14th 2003, 3:02 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Don't know if anyone knows this, but years ago Croc's used to stretch right down to Brisbane. There was even one caught(shot) in the Logan river (southside of Brisbane). I haven't got a pic of it, but there was an article and pic about this in one of the fishing papers which I read (Bush N Beach paper/mag) .There was picture of a huge croc which had been shot there in the river during the 20's or 30's I think (shot by a woman)

I haven't got a fear of snakes and Spiders, sharks I catch here in the summer. But I have a real fear for croc's which I didn't know I had until I went to the Jurong croc park ,first time I've ever seen a croc in the flesh - I just froze with fear! Hubby laughed of course because I've always prided myself on my "no fear" when it comes to spiders, snakes and such. There's no way I could go fishing knowing there was croc's in the area. Thank god there is none in Brisbane anymore.

cheers

P.S a couple of months ago a tourist got taken by a croc up north somewhere - German I think, the tour guide is being blamed for it. They took a midnight swim and one of the tourists got got snatched by a croc, this is quite recent, a few months back I think it was.

Must chuck in the shark bit - two people have been killed by sharks this summer in the Gold coast canals - stupid b*ggers (one swimming early morning and one swimming in the night) . those canals are full of Bull sharks during the summer months, anyone who fishes those canals knows that.

Below a Tiger shark caught from Brisbane North from the land not a boat (it's off one of the piers here where I am - better not say which one) . This is not my shark, I'll have to go through my fishing albums and scan a few - I keep meaning to do it.