Reload this Page >

Sell your house ASAP, discount 10-20%

Sell your house ASAP, discount 10-20%

Old May 13th 2003, 7:37 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sell your house ASAP, discount 10-20%

That's my advice, London and South housing market has hit the buffers, arse over tit, going down the pan, completely poleaxed, southern houses will go down in real value terms by 25-30% over the next 5-7 years so might as well get the pain out of the way right now for just 10-20%. Midlands might not suffer so badly, Scotland never really caught on in the first place in the same way (it all happened differently, Scotland the Brave etc, Scottish Parliament, long live Marchmont!) so there might even be some growth over the next 10 years.

Cheers - Don

Last edited by The Don; May 14th 2003 at 3:16 am.
Old May 13th 2003, 8:28 pm
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Thanks for that, I appreciatte it.

Dave
Old May 13th 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Umm yes our house would be better to go now but we are reluctant to let it go without knowing we are going to OZ. it is a pain not knowing what is the best thing to do.

footie chick
Old May 13th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sell your house ASAP, discount 10-20%

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
That's my advice, London and South housing market has hit the buffers, arse over tit, going down the pan, completely shi*tfaced, souther houses will go down in real value terms by 25-30% over the next 5-7 years so might as well get the pain out of the way right now for just 10-20%. Midlands might not suffer so badly, Scotland never really caught on in the first place in the same way (it all happened differently, Scotland the Brave etc, Scottish Parliament, long live Marchmont!) so there might even be some growth over the next 10 years.

Cheers - Don
Hi Don,

I would go along with that above, also these property prices in the UK are really a BIG TIME JOKE no way are they worth what is being asked,

Wished we had the wonger £££'s from our sale 2 months ago i.e. 2.84 guess we in for a BIT of a wait now ...
Old May 13th 2003, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

Putting in NZ application in six weeks. Putting house up for sale at end of month. Either way going to sell up, had enough of the rat race and if my husband has to work in London another 6 months he'll kill someone.

Samantha
Old May 14th 2003, 1:53 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

That's my advice, London and South housing market has hit the buffers, arse over tit, going down the pan, completely shi*tfaced, souther houses will go down in real value terms by 25-30% over the next 5-7 years so might as well get the pain out of the way right now for just 10-20%. Midlands might not suffer so badly, Scotland never really caught on in the first place in the same way (it all happened differently, Scotland the Brave etc, Scottish Parliament, long live Marchmont!) so there might even be some growth over the next 10 years.

Cheers - Don
So 20% off the house prices the pound has gone down 20% over the last year also , Australia is getting cheaper by the day is it not?
The plus side is I feel better paid but is the price of everything here is dearer also , too hard for me?

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 14th 2003 at 3:41 am.
Old May 14th 2003, 3:21 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard
So 20% off the house the pound has gone down 20% over the last year also , Australia is getting cheaper by the day is it not?
The plus side is I feel better paid but is the price of everything here is dearer also , too hard for me?

Well hidden in there is another gem, PB - if you sell house soonish, you can at least hedge against the steep GBP decline vs AUD that surely lies ahead in the next couple of years IMO, so could easily save another 20-30% by getting in while the exchange rate is still quite good. 1GBP = AUD2.49046 a second ago - still pretty good compared to last 5 years. That's 20% better than 1GBP = AUD2 which I reckon we'll see within 12 months.

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 3:39 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Well hidden in there is another gem, PB - if you sell house soonish, you can at least hedge against the steep GBP decline vs AUD that surely lies ahead in the next couple of years IMO, so could easily save another 20-30% by getting in while the exchange rate is still quite good. 1GBP = AUD2.49046 a second ago - still pretty good compared to last 5 years. That's 20% better than 1GBP = AUD2 which I reckon we'll see within 12 months.

Cheers - Don
Got 2-1 went we came to the land of plenty 9 years ago heres hoping that be the rate by August .
The bank rate could rise again soon , oh happy days , is that a song?

Old May 14th 2003, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I feel greed creeping in. Is the OZ dollar going to keep going up. (Yes if we believe OZ TV). Are Uk house prices going to keep dropping.

If so as my husband has pointed out we would be better staying in OZ a bit longer.

Apart from wanting to kill him, I do wonder if he has a point.
Old May 14th 2003, 4:13 am
Banned

Originally posted by dotty
I feel greed creeping in. Is the OZ dollar going to keep going up. (Yes if we believe OZ TV). Are Uk house prices going to keep dropping.

If so as my husband has pointed out we would be better staying in OZ a bit longer.

Apart from wanting to kill him, I do wonder if he has a point.
Would be nice but can you count on what the Aussies say about anything , interest rates have made the rubber dollar rise , but any down turn here could lower them and bang goes the bouncing dollar.

Old May 14th 2003, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Hopefully if they lower rates it will only be by .25%, but as soon as that happens, I'm with you, cash up before dollar wobbles.
(Bear in mind tho before Iraq they wanted to put them UP.)

Can always sleep on the rellies couch in the Uk till house prices are completely crashing around me ears.

Life was so simple when I only had $800 and a backpack.
Old May 14th 2003, 4:28 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Would be nice but can you count on what the Aussies say about anything , interest rates have made the rubber dollar rise , but any down turn here could lower them and bang goes the bouncing dollar.

The Economist (best newspaper in the world IMO) has got a poll of economic forecasters giving the Aus GDP a very healthy increase for the next 2 years (esp compared to the rest of the OECD). Good for AUD.

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 4:30 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by dotty
Hopefully if they lower rates it will only be by .25%, but as soon as that happens, I'm with you, cash up before dollar wobbles.
(Bear in mind tho before Iraq they wanted to put them UP.)

Can always sleep on the rellies couch in the Uk till house prices are completely crashing around me ears.

Life was so simple when I only had $800 and a backpack.
Some people who are not migrating are advocating the 'Sell To Let' approach, ie sell now and rent for a few years then buy back in again when the house prices have floored. Which I make about 2008-2010.

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 4:31 am
Banned

The Economist (best newspaper in the world IMO) has got a poll of economic forecasters giving the Aus GDP a very healthy increase for the next 2 years (esp compared to the rest of the OECD). Good for AUD.

Cheers - Don
The economy here is based on home building most are just scrapping by , never believe forcecasters of any kind.