Reload this Page >

FLYING WITH SINGAPORE A380

FLYING WITH SINGAPORE A380

Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:34 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLYING WITH SINGAPORE A380

Originally Posted by themerlin
Cool the 747's they flew between SIn and LHR where getting on a bit
Can't be as bad as the 747 I flew from Luxor to Cairo in ... either they still had a smoking section or something was seriously on its way out ...
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:48 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Can't be as bad as the 747 I flew from Luxor to Cairo in ... either they still had a smoking section or something was seriously on its way out ...
4 weeks today and we will hopefully be in the air on the A380, Oz bound.

Looking forward to catching the A380 on the news later on today.

I cnt wait to fly on it.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:50 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm coming to Sydney on one on Thursday night.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:19 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I been on worse, Air Zimbabwe for example

Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Seasider

Are you coming to Oz for a recci or to move?

I contacted you about my tooth, having to have done in Oz - ouch - price not pain!

Kim
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:41 am
Just Joined

jokersmum is an unknown quantity at this point

:curse::curse:
Originally Posted by xzibit
I am definately going to try and fly on that plane when I go!!

Put all your worries aside.

The plane has had hundreds of flight hours of testing before it went into service. On the test flights, it is fully loaded with equipment, measuring everything you can think off, then thousands more.

New planes aren't more likely to crash. You are more likely to win the lottery jackpot two weeks in a row than be involved in a plane crash.

I can't see it being more of a terrorist threat either. If anything, in my opinion, it'd be less of a threat. Being bigger and more passengers, there are many more staff on board, plus it will have the most up to date security fitted in to the cockpit doors etc I'd imagine. Not that I know much about it.

Don't worry about things like that!!

What I'd be concerned about is the fact that there will be a load of bags to offload meaning longer to wait, plus longer to wait to load/offload passengers. And the chance for many more little brats to be shouting/running around/kicking your seat!!
If i was beside you i'd tell my little brat to kick your seat as hard as he could! Children are what makes this world a joy!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:41 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again, Kim. This trip is officially a recce, although we are making THE move at the end of April/beginning of May. We've been to Sydney a couple of times but the company offered, be rude to turn it down.

I'm making sure all my dental work is in order before we come.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
4 weeks today and we will hopefully be in the air on the A380, Oz bound.

Looking forward to catching the A380 on the news later on today.

I cnt wait to fly on it.
Cool, enjoy the build-up if you can

Just remember the golden rule ... if you ever doubt your decision then you are just plain wrong
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, enjoy the build-up if you can

Just remember the golden rule ... if you ever doubt your decision then you are just plain wrong

My daughter lands in Tullamarine in Melbourne at 8.20pm tonight. Afaik, her first leg from London to Singapore was on a A380.

She should be entering Aussie airspace around about now.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by themerlin
Really what flight number is that ? Didn't think they did the BNE to SIN leg.

I think the dream liner will make more difference to the passenger with it's higher cabin pressure and bigger windows.
Well, more news hot off the press, my travel agent friend is adamant that we will fly on an A380 from BNE to SIN (SQ236) AND from SIN to LHR.

As long as the number of landings equals the number of take-offs then I'll be happy
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:41 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Well, more news hot off the press, my travel agent friend is adamant that we will fly on an A380 from BNE to SIN (SQ236) AND from SIN to LHR.

As long as the number of landings equals the number of take-offs then I'll be happy
I will check with guys at work Vim to see if SAS are taking delivery of another A380 as they have 2 for now London - Singapore - London & Singapore - Sydney - Singapore.

I will go check and let you know.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:01 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

I'm confused When can you book your seats with Singapore Airways ?

I've bought tickets via the Singapore website and yes after payment confirmation was able to select seats ... so whats this about choosing seats at check in 48 hours before departure ? Is it the case that seats chosen at checkin will override those that people chose at time of buying the tickets , which begs the question what is the point of choosing seats at the time tickets were bought ??
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

sara1981 has a spectacular aura aboutsara1981 has a spectacular aura aboutsara1981 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by BAY
I'm confused When can you book your seats with Singapore Airways ?

I've bought tickets via the Singapore website and yes after payment confirmation was able to select seats ... so whats this about choosing seats at check in 48 hours before departure ? Is it the case that seats chosen at checkin will override those that people chose at time of buying the tickets , which begs the question what is the point of choosing seats at the time tickets were bought ??
am pretty sure you can only select seats when you book if you book through the singapore airlines website directly....if, like me, you've booked through a travel agent then you're only able to select seats either at the check in desk at the airport or online if you check in 48 hours before. the website will then only show the seats still available ie those that have selected their seats on booking will still have their seats booked...they'll be blanked out on the website so can't be selected again. hope this clears it all up for you!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 6:52 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
I will check with guys at work Vim to see if SAS are taking delivery of another A380 as they have 2 for now London - Singapore - London & Singapore - Sydney - Singapore.

I will go check and let you know.
Singapore took delivery of their 3rd A380 on 12th March which allows them to serve SIN-LHR (2 aircraft) SIN-SYD (1 aircraft). They are due to get a 4th A380 in April/ May which they will use in SIN-NRT the scheduled start of this service is 20th May.

I dont see another Singapore delivery scheduled until after QANTAS gets her first 2 in August, so could be wrong Matt but dont see you getting an A380 from BNE in June unless you are a lucky sod and they use BNE for staff trainning on the new aircraft they tested the 2nd A380 on short hops from SIN-KUL

Last edited by ex_exile; Mar 19th 2008 at 7:11 am.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:00 am
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about

Monday 11.00am we will hopefully be trundling down Heathrows runway on a 380, as we are coming for our reccie..........The youngest is hoping he can be upgraded to one of the 1st class cabins.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.