Flying question

Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future
Default Flying question

Hi all, we are flying with Malaysian airlines on 14th August with 5 children, somebody did say to me that when you travel with children, they try to get you on the plane before a lot of the other passengers. Also if you are traveling with an infant you get seated by the bulkhead so you get a sky cot. Is there any truth in this or am I being led down the merry path. Many thanks Andy.
p.s. any tips for a nervous flier.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:20 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying question

Originally Posted by flapsterhp
Hi all, we are flying with Malaysian airlines on 14th August with 5 children, somebody did say to me that when you travel with children, they try to get you on the plane before a lot of the other passengers. Also if you are traveling with an infant you get seated by the bulkhead so you get a sky cot. Is there any truth in this or am I being led down the merry path. Many thanks Andy.
Yep you will be allowed on first you will also get a skycot, either get there early for check in or phone the airline and rewquest one that's if your travel agent hasn't already done so.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

flapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant futureflapsterhp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by fraser
Yep you will be allowed on first you will also get a skycot, either get there early for check in or phone the airline and rewquest one that's if your travel agent hasn't already done so.
Cheers for that Fraser, your a star. Andy
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Flying question

Hi Andy
I work for BA and have travelled with loads of other airlines on longhaul flights. Most airlines will do an announcement just before boarding that passengers with children UNDER 5 should board first. Of course you will always get superpratt travelling alone who thinks this applies to him and these sort of people will rush on as well. You will not automatically get the bulkhead seat. My suggestion is that you ring Malaysian and request it. It won't be guaranteed but you'll have a better chance of getting it when you check in. With BA skycots cannot be booked - just requested - don't know if this is the same as Malaysian ask them when you ring. We carry quite a few skycots on board and I suggest that you ask for one as soon as you are seated. You usually get a bassinet like a carrycot for babies- cannot remember age limit will check if you want. or a seat like a babyrocker - age based again. Just be warned you cannot use either until you have taken off and seatbelt signs are off. Couple of other suggestions - don't know how old your kids are but you can usually book a child meal. Make sure you have booked for EVERY sector ie. london - K/Lumpar (or wherever you are going) then KL onto OZ. Take loads of activities - airline ones aren't too good and snacks like mini bananas, juice cartons, babybels, sweets etc.

BTW - some bulkhead seats will give you either no view or poor view of the films unless they have the newfangled personal screens.

If you are really scared of flying let them know at checkin and it will be listed - crew will keep an eye on you. I don't suggest tranx before a longhaul flight as you will feel like sh** especially with kids. My friend who was a phobic flyer had hypnotherapy with a guy called Alan Carr. Maybe one drink will calm your nerves but really I've found that most passengers just need the reassurance of speaking to crew.

If you want any more ideas let me know but bear with me to answer as this week is getting manic with school hols just started and my working.

Suzy
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by suzy
Hi Andy
I work for BA and have travelled with loads of other airlines on longhaul flights. Most airlines will do an announcement just before boarding that passengers with children UNDER 5 should board first. Of course you will always get superpratt travelling alone who thinks this applies to him and these sort of people will rush on as well. You will not automatically get the bulkhead seat. My suggestion is that you ring Malaysian and request it. It won't be guaranteed but you'll have a better chance of getting it when you check in. With BA skycots cannot be booked - just requested - don't know if this is the same as Malaysian ask them when you ring. We carry quite a few skycots on board and I suggest that you ask for one as soon as you are seated. You usually get a bassinet like a carrycot for babies- cannot remember age limit will check if you want. or a seat like a babyrocker - age based again. Just be warned you cannot use either until you have taken off and seatbelt signs are off. Couple of other suggestions - don't know how old your kids are but you can usually book a child meal. Make sure you have booked for EVERY sector ie. london - K/Lumpar (or wherever you are going) then KL onto OZ. Take loads of activities - airline ones aren't too good and snacks like mini bananas, juice cartons, babybels, sweets etc.

BTW - some bulkhead seats will give you either no view or poor view of the films unless they have the newfangled personal screens.

If you are really scared of flying let them know at checkin and it will be listed - crew will keep an eye on you. I don't suggest tranx before a longhaul flight as you will feel like sh** especially with kids. My friend who was a phobic flyer had hypnotherapy with a guy called Alan Carr. Maybe one drink will calm your nerves but really I've found that most passengers just need the reassurance of speaking to crew.

If you want any more ideas let me know but bear with me to answer as this week is getting manic with school hols just started and my working.

Suzy
Thanks Suzy, very kind of you to go into so much detail, I will give the airline a ring tomorrow and give it a try. Many thanks Andy
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

sherman989 is on a distinguished road

Hi

We flew with Malaysian airlines back in Feb with a 11yrs,8yrs and 10mth old.
We booked a sky cot for Freya which was good and it ment we had foot room and space. They are'nt that big so if your baby is large it might have a tight squeeze!. The childrens food was ok a bit sweet and plastic but they enjoyed it. The crew were nice and children friendly and yes you do board first, your buggy goes to the departure lounge, and it there when you get off its at the door waiting for you.
We are flying with them on the 23rd one-way and have booked a sky cot and paid for a seat this time as our baby is bigger this time!. We are planning to get to the booking in desk very early this time so we have time to unwind and get good seats and have time to make sure we are sat together.
Good luck with your flight, I am a nervous fligher, and the thought of being up there for all that time made me feel sick. I can honestly say now i have done it, it went really quick and to feel the sunshine at the other end made it all worth while.

Mandie
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:01 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

They actually let us store our buggy in the cabin as the flight was far from full and they had the space, so we had it to push him around in when we stopped at KL for a few hours.

There's also a transit hotel where you can have a shower for a small fee and an executive lounge that you can book.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:04 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

They actually let us store our buggy in the cabin as the flight was far from full and they had the space, so we had it to push him around in when we stopped at KL for a few hours.

There's also a transit hotel where you can have a shower for a small fee and an executive lounge that you can book.
Hey fraser only one month 2mo till you arrive
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Hey fraser only one month 2mo till you arrive
I know mate, still can't envision it
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:01 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I know mate, still can't envision it
just think light and and o tunnel
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
just think light and and o tunnel
Or start of a new one, jobs, house etc
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Or start of a new one, jobs, house etc

Hi Fraser,

Are you doing any stopovers when you go or heading straight there?

Tracey
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi Fraser,

Are you doing any stopovers when you go or heading straight there?

Tracey
We're stopping off In Penang for a week.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

gday, we flew with Malaysian airlines, Dec. 2004, Yes you will go on first, they where great, We did not know that you have to order childrens meals so order them asap, my children would not eat the food. We flew with 3 children, they where really good, they watched films and played the playstation games, so dont worry.
Nervous flier, nobody was worse then me, i would not even fly to Spain w would go by coach [24 hours journey]. But i had no choice, no coaches to oz, i got diazapan from my doctor for the flight, and i really ejoyed it i was very calm and would do it again tomorrow, it got me over the fear.Enjoy life in oz, we love it here. Bunbury WA
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:24 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also a Diazepam fan - just have to remember that it has a reasonably short half-life (about six hours), so you need to make sure you're prescribed enough for the entire flight, otherwise it gets messy later on!

Originally Posted by cranni
gday, we flew with Malaysian airlines, Dec. 2004, Yes you will go on first, they where great, We did not know that you have to order childrens meals so order them asap, my children would not eat the food. We flew with 3 children, they where really good, they watched films and played the playstation games, so dont worry.
Nervous flier, nobody was worse then me, i would not even fly to Spain w would go by coach [24 hours journey]. But i had no choice, no coaches to oz, i got diazapan from my doctor for the flight, and i really ejoyed it i was very calm and would do it again tomorrow, it got me over the fear.Enjoy life in oz, we love it here. Bunbury WA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.