Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

flying pets from Sydney to Brisbane..........???

flying pets from Sydney to Brisbane..........???

Old Aug 16th 2006, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of
Default flying pets from Sydney to Brisbane..........???

Hi All

Now that we've decided on Brissie rather than Perth, we're in the process of getting quotes for the new destination. Apparently there are a lot of companies in Sydney that can fly pets (inparticular a dog!) up to Brisbane. I just wondered if any one had any advice/recommendations/criticisms etc etc! We are using Golden Arrow Shippers to get them to Sydney.

JosieJ
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:01 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: flying pets from Sydney to Brisbane..........???

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Hi All

Now that we've decided on Brissie rather than Perth, we're in the process of getting quotes for the new destination. Apparently there are a lot of companies in Sydney that can fly pets (inparticular a dog!) up to Brisbane. I just wondered if any one had any advice/recommendations/criticisms etc etc! We are using Golden Arrow Shippers to get them to Sydney.

JosieJ
Hi Josie, we are flying out soon to Brisbane and posted a thread like this ages ago. Someone said that they drove down and it took 12 hours but made a short break hoilday of it. We have contacted a company called www.dogtainers.com.au think thats the right email, anyway its called dogtainers. Quoted about $200 to pick up our cat from Sydney quarantine take to airpot and put on flight and sort out all paperwork etc, then you can pick the pet up at Brissie airport, or pay more and they will bring your pet to the door, hope this helps, Pete
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Dogtainers when we brought our Springer from UK - Sydney - Brisbane.

They were fantastic. Dog was as happy as Larry when she arrived. She came in an air conditioned van in the travel box that was made for her in UK.

Dogtainers were very good and I can highly recommend them.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Thanks ever so much both - i shall look for them on the internet! I always feel better using a company that's been recommended!!!! K sent to you both! xxx
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Pheonix - apparently i have to spread more K around before letting you have anymore!!!!! consider it sent on the ether anyway!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough

hi

another vote for dogtainers.. they got our moggies from sydney to adelaide no problems, v helpful, reasonable ( :scared: ) prices!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zoe13
hi

another vote for dogtainers.. they got our moggies from sydney to adelaide no problems, v helpful, reasonable ( :scared: ) prices!
and another vote for Dogtainers!

They flew mutters from Sydney to Coolangatta and then bought him up to the Gold Coast for us.

They REALLY gave us a top service as they also paid the fee's for Sydney quarantine and we paid them, so to put it, and there was also a discrepancy with the original quote and a 2nd quote a few days later (up by $150 odd) but they honoured the original quote!

EXCELLENT service! ...
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

JosieJ

Hi Josie,

We used "Dogtainers" and they were excellent, we also advise all of our relocation customers to use them and we have only ever had good feedback about them.

I would not personally consider using anyone else but them

Tony

Last edited by Sue; Aug 24th 2006 at 2:47 pm. Reason: URL removed. You are allowed two in your signature, please don't keep posting a 3rd!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

The flight from UK to Australia is what is worrying me! :scared:

Internal Oz flights are used to transporting dogs, many Australians show their dogs and because of the vast distances many fly them all the times to various show, so I would think Sydney to Brisbane would be very easy
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

och!!!

just do what we did.... leave on a thursday night, drive overnight to sydney. stay in the travel inn just up from quarantine. have firday at the hotel, saturday in the city. get the dogs first thing on sunday morning and home in brisbane by about 11pm!!!

was a great wee trip actually - we really enjoyed!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YoSemite
och!!!

just do what we did.... leave on a thursday night, drive overnight to sydney. stay in the travel inn just up from quarantine. have firday at the hotel, saturday in the city. get the dogs first thing on sunday morning and home in brisbane by about 11pm!!!

was a great wee trip actually - we really enjoyed!

Thanks everyone - i know i can rely on you all!!! I must admit - the thought of a flight down to sydney and then a drive back is quite tempting - especially taking our time on the return. All will depend on whether we can get everything sorted in time and whether we've started work or not. We'll see! Thanks again!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone - i know i can rely on you all!!! I must admit - the thought of a flight down to sydney and then a drive back is quite tempting - especially taking our time on the return. All will depend on whether we can get everything sorted in time and whether we've started work or not. We'll see! Thanks again!
Hey Josie,
Are you still in Worcester? I'm in Malvern soon to be Bris, flying out e/o september.
Have just received an absolutely extortianate quote from a pet travel company. So I shall be arranging my pooch travel myself. Have all the info from Defra/Aquis and have found a freight company who does the flight bookings/paperwork.
Thanks everyone for the info, will be using "dogtainers" too.
Lou
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Louise M
Hey Josie,
Are you still in Worcester? I'm in Malvern soon to be Bris, flying out e/o september.
Have just received an absolutely extortianate quote from a pet travel company. So I shall be arranging my pooch travel myself. Have all the info from Defra/Aquis and have found a freight company who does the flight bookings/paperwork.
Thanks everyone for the info, will be using "dogtainers" too.
Lou

Hi Lou - wow - you're just up the road!!!!! OH works in Malvern!! I wondered if there was anyone close in the same boat!!!! So you have your visa then you lucky thing!!!! Which export company did you get the quote from? We are hoping to only take the one dog (border collie) as the other is a bit old and aggressive with other male dogs. Hope that the inlaws may take him as they love him to bits!!!! Please stop in touch as i started to look into shipping her/them myself but to be honest was put off so I'd be interested to hear all the hoops you jump through! We hope to get to Bris end of Jan 07. House will be on the market by start of september, although hope we may have sold it privately to my hairdresser!!! Look forward to hearing back from you!!!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lou - wow - you're just up the road!!!!! OH works in Malvern!! I wondered if there was anyone close in the same boat!!!! So you have your visa then you lucky thing!!!! Which export company did you get the quote from? We are hoping to only take the one dog (border collie) as the other is a bit old and aggressive with other male dogs. Hope that the inlaws may take him as they love him to bits!!!! Please stop in touch as i started to look into shipping her/them myself but to be honest was put off so I'd be interested to hear all the hoops you jump through! We hope to get to Bris end of Jan 07. House will be on the market by start of september, although hope we may have sold it privately to my hairdresser!!! Look forward to hearing back from you!!!
Hi Josie,
Have PM'd you.
Lou
Old Aug 19th 2006, 12:41 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Pheonix - apparently i have to spread more K around before letting you have anymore!!!!! consider it sent on the ether anyway!
LOL....I've got a tab running for your I.O.U....

Pleased to help