Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying out to Brisbane tonight!!!!

Flying out to Brisbane tonight!!!!

Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Flying out to Brisbane tonight!!!!

Safe travelling and good luck
The goodbyes are really tough,
Sara
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:57 am
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sydney06
Well the day has finally arrived. .
Sydney06

Best of luck to you! There seems to be a lot going out at the moment, we will be there in 5 weeks too.

I think we should do a Brisbane meet soon, what do you think?

Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond
Best of luck to you! There seems to be a lot going out at the moment, we will be there in 5 weeks too.

I think we should do a Brisbane meet soon, what do you think?

Yep good idea. I leave next Thursday (21 Sep) for Brissie. Very scared about flight as will be all on my own after saying goodbye to parents at airport. Hopefully I won't cry for all 22 hours of the flight!!
Excited, scared and upset all at once will be me!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:31 am
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Yep good idea. I leave next Thursday (21 Sep) for Brissie. Very scared about flight as will be all on my own after saying goodbye to parents at airport. Hopefully I won't cry for all 22 hours of the flight!!
Excited, scared and upset all at once will be me!

Awwe, Good luck to you, you will be fine. A few of these and you'll be there in no time.

See you there one day
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

jojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud ofjojo666 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sydney06
Well the day has finally arrived. The last few days have been surreal. We had our leaving party on Sat, spent yesterday morning trying to lighten the load of our suitcases, even though we have 40Kgs each we were still 14Kgs over! :scared: and it has been really emotionally draining with our mom's in tears most of the time and having to say goodbye (just for a little while) to so many people we love. I read how hard this part is but absolutely nothing prepares you for it. It is really hard.
Our parents are not going to come to the airport as it will be too much and i think it is important to have a clear head when we check in and set off on the new chapter in our life.
Today will be the worst day ever, saying goodbye , but it has also been the day that we have been looking forward to for about 4 years since we decided we wanted to do this. We are really excited!
So Goodbye for now and Good luck to you all, we will log back in when we get there, this is a fantastic site and it has kept me sane with all the support during the application process to the 'What do we do now???? ' stage.
Take care everyone and we will let you know how it goes.
Sydney06
hi Sydney 06,

hope you have a good journey we are leaving in about 6 weeks for brisbane. my family don't want to know when we are going so no goodbye's don' know if that's a good thing or a bad thing though.

hope everything goes well for you look forward to your first post when you arrive .

take care jox
Old Sep 11th 2006, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good flight.
It will be us in 4 weeks.
Best of Luck
Lou x
Old Sep 11th 2006, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Louise M
Have a good flight.
It will be us in 4 weeks.
Best of Luck
Lou x
We will be following you shortly, we fly in 8 weeks. The goodbyes are definitely going to be the worst bit but I just keep telling myself that it is a really small world these days and you can be back in 24hrs if you need to be.

Safe journey and best of luck for your new life.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

millymolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonik25
We will be following you shortly, we fly in 8 weeks. The goodbyes are definitely going to be the worst bit but I just keep telling myself that it is a really small world these days and you can be back in 24hrs if you need to be.

Safe journey and best of luck for your new life.

Congratulations to all about to move, we have to wait until Jan - dredding the goodbyes...parents start crying when you even mention the word Australia....still cant decide about all family coming to the airport though - is it a good thing or bad thing!?!? BEST OF LUCK TO EVERY ONE IT'S WHAT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WORKING SOOOOOO HARD FOR - HAVE FUN!!!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

wastonyy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Look forward now... enjoy the flight and we will look forward to your tales from the other side.
hi cath just noticed you are from rochdale we are also from rochdale and will be moving to gold course in 3 week were in rochdale did you live we are already here we are in sydney at the moment.hope to here more from you regards sheryl user name wastony.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wastonyy
hi cath just noticed you are from rochdale we are also from rochdale and will be moving to gold course in 3 week were in rochdale did you live we are already here we are in sydney at the moment.hope to here more from you regards sheryl user name wastony.
replied to your pm sheryl x