Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flying Medicine Required!

Flying Medicine Required!

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 7:58 am
Party Pom

Yorkshire will become famous soon enoughYorkshire will become famous soon enough
Default Flying Medicine Required!

Hi All,

So with our Visa's due shortly, I now have the constant thought of the FLIGHT :scared:

I hate flying, and the little trips to the Med are bad enough, so how do thoughs of who who may be in the same situation, cope with 20 hours up in the sky?

I would sail accross if it wasn't £2500 each!!

So.... can I have some idea's please.

Yorkie
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:03 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flying Medicine Required!

Originally Posted by Yorkshire
Hi All,

So with our Visa's due shortly, I now have the constant thought of the FLIGHT :scared:

I hate flying, and the little trips to the Med are bad enough, so how do thoughs of who who may be in the same situation, cope with 20 hours up in the sky?

Yorkie
If it's really that bad get some prescription medication from your GP.

Poor you!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:19 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Free alcohol, sleeping tablets and lots of films and don't forget the earplugs!

We're smokers and the last time we flew they had changed all the planes to no-smoking. We stopped in Dubai and Singapore and I know exactly where to go for a smoke.

Hope your's isn't a straight through flight? Refueling anywhere?

Sass

Hi All,

Yorkie
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 8:29 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Yorkie

Hi Yorkie, Im scared of flying as well and GP prescribed something for me - Lorazepam(?)

Only trouble with it, it made my jetlag worse, in fact I felt terrible. Does take the edge of the fear factor though.

When I flew to Bankok, my pharmacist told me to try a travel sickness pill called Stugeron. You take 1-2 two hours before you fly and it does make you sleepy, only you dont feel as bad as you would with lorazepam.

Might be worth having a word with your doctor and see what ideas he/she has.