Reload this Page >

Flights to UK for this year

Flights to UK for this year

Old Jan 11th 2013, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

rita is on a distinguished road
Default Flights to UK for this year

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has got any good deals recently on flights to UK, looking at anytime after 30/06 really but beginning of July or Oct is ideal (husband does 3 months contracts, the next is ending in June!) we are two adults & a baby.

Need to get from Brisbane to Manchester

Thanks!

Last edited by rita; Jan 11th 2013 at 11:17 am. Reason: additional info
Old Jan 13th 2013, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to UK for this year

Originally Posted by rita
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has got any good deals recently on flights to UK, looking at anytime after 30/06 really but beginning of July or Oct is ideal (husband does 3 months contracts, the next is ending in June!) we are two adults & a baby.

Thanks!
Other than doing a search, like you could do yourself, nothing to offer here. Just booked a flight in March for $1700 return if that helps. Tried my trick of booking a return to Singapore then a return from Singapore to London but a direct flight with Virgin worked out cheaper. Also worth considering Qantas will be teaming up with Emirates soon and flying through the middle east opening up further options. As said, your own research will determine what works best.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, should have mentioned Ive done hours of research and can't seem to find any good deals or specials. Cheapest was around $4000 for two plus baby. We went 18 months ago for $1000 return for two with air asia but they've stopped. Thought someone might know of new airlines opening up with specials?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 12:14 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, should have mentioned Ive done hours of research and can't seem to find any good deals or specials. Cheapest was around $4000 for two plus baby. We went 18 months ago for $1000 return for two with air asia but they've stopped. Thought someone might know of new airlines opening up with specials?
$4000 for 2 adults with an infant is an OK fare...I wouldn't expect to pay a whole lot less than that & certainly nothing in the region of Air Asia's specials. Oct is likely to be cheaper than July.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:05 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Try bestflights.com or Flight Centre, I just got a quote 4 adults BNE to MAN with Qantas an Swiss $7700 with stopover in SIN on way back, June/July.

HTH
Old Jan 14th 2013, 3:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Prices in general are a lot higher than 18 months ago. Try and avoid July - UK school holidays push the price up, October would be cheaper
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Prices in general are a lot higher than 18 months ago. Try and avoid July - UK school holidays push the price up, October would be cheaper
i have to go back for a wedding in aughust. very expensive cheapest i can find is qantas $2200 per person thats brisbane sydney sydney dubai dubai manchester vice versa. oh and dubai manchester is emirates . good thing is flight times are good
Old May 30th 2013, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Decided to go at Christmas in the end. Paid $3507 all in for two adults & baby Brisbane to Manchester with Etihad end Nov to end Dec.
Old May 30th 2013, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

I just booked our flights to the UK at christmas. I did it my usual skewith way of a shed load of one ways with a few stopovers but got the cost down to $1698 each, all baggage included.

20th December: Sydney to Singapore (Skoot. I know they're crap but its only 8 hours) $537
23rd December: Singapore to Heathrow (Malaysia) $462
3rd January: Manchester to Rome (Jet2) $141
8th January: Rome to Singapore (Qatar) $629
10th January Singapore to Sydney $354 (Skoot, always works out cheaper if you book one ways as they usually have better offers from Singapore)

Could have done it a straight return on one of the Chinese airlines for about $1900 but wheres the fun in that. :-)
Old May 30th 2013, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin1978
I just booked our flights to the UK at christmas. I did it my usual skewith way of a shed load of one ways with a few stopovers but got the cost down to $1698 each, all baggage included.

20th December: Sydney to Singapore (Skoot. I know they're crap but its only 8 hours) $537
23rd December: Singapore to Heathrow (Malaysia) $462
3rd January: Manchester to Rome (Jet2) $141
8th January: Rome to Singapore (Qatar) $629
10th January Singapore to Sydney $354 (Skoot, always works out cheaper if you book one ways as they usually have better offers from Singapore)

Could have done it a straight return on one of the Chinese airlines for about $1900 but wheres the fun in that. :-)
Umm, you have factored in accommodation during stopovers of course - surely this way makes it more expensive than just booking a return flight? Just thinking out aloud!
Old May 30th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thanks!
A$2567 (eco) total for a return for 2 adults and 1 child (between 2 and 11) (BNE > MAN) in July 2013. This is on Finnair (which will include a QF flight to Singapore and AY flights to Helsinki and then on to Manchester). Helsinki is a breeze to transit through to get into the EU...took me 6 minutes to clear customs / passport control and reach the departure gate to Manchester the last time I did the run.

Book directly on the Finnair web page as a lot of the Ozzie wholesalers do not even quote AY.

https://www.finnair.com
Old May 30th 2013, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Umm, you have factored in accommodation during stopovers of course - surely this way makes it more expensive than just booking a return flight? Just thinking out aloud!
Yeah of course. Its about the holiday for me though and I like to spread these things out and see a bit of the big wide world rather than doing the straight 24 hour there and back trip that I hate.
Old May 31st 2013, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin1978
Yeah of course. Its about the holiday for me though and I like to spread these things out and see a bit of the big wide world rather than doing the straight 24 hour there and back trip that I hate.
No worries, just thought you were saying lots of singles might be better than return. You can of course have stopovers on a return though.