Flights to Qld

Old May 11th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

smog73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to Qld

Looking at flights from uk to Qld and there seems to be a huge difference between costs to Brisbane or Cairns. Is this the same year round or just in UK summer? This may influence decision of [lace to relocate as aware of costs for visiting family!
Old May 11th 2008, 10:45 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Flights to Qld

Theres a lot more choice in how to get to Brisbane than Cairns

Cairns is only really serviced by directly from SEAsia by Qantas, JAL and Cathay whereas Brisbane has lots more operators. I'd guess this has an impact on pricing.
Old May 13th 2008, 10:44 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smog73
Looking at flights from uk to Qld and there seems to be a huge difference between costs to Brisbane or Cairns. Is this the same year round or just in UK summer? This may influence decision of [lace to relocate as aware of costs for visiting family!
Spain is cheaper.

Sorry to be flippant but first consideration should be where you desire to be or need to be for work.
Old May 13th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

No Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really nice

We are flying to Brisbane in August to validate visas.
Wanted to fly October originally but with 2 children had to fly in August.

Family of 4, Singapore Airlines there was a £600 difference between August and October. Has to be school holidays!

But on the flip side...it will be low season in Brisbane so we saved on accommodation
Old May 13th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

smog73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Spain is cheaper.

Sorry to be flippant but first consideration should be where you desire to be or need to be for work.
Fair point but I dont speak spanish!!!
We cant decided between sunshine coast and cairns. I could get job in either as GP. We havent been to sunshine coast (somehow on our year long episode in townsville didnt go to sunshine coast), but know cairns quite well. Was looking at going this summer for holiday to try to help make decision etc but flights to cairns ar £1200 each compared to £800 each for brisbane. This is obviously a huge difference and if we would be equally happy living in either doesnt make any difference to us but would affect how often we could have visitors!
Old May 14th 2008, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

We cant decided between sunshine coast and cairns. I could get job in either as GP. We havent been to sunshine coast (somehow on our year long episode in townsville didnt go to sunshine coast), but know cairns quite well. Was looking at going this summer for holiday to try to help make decision etc but flights to cairns ar £1200 each compared to £800 each for brisbane. This is obviously a huge difference and if we would be equally happy living in either doesnt make any difference to us but would affect how often we could have visitors!
Hi Smog73,

Try Airlinenetwork.com website, seems to be fairly competitive with flights to Oz. Have used Travelbag before and was able to barter the price with them, just say that rival company is offering less, they will definately try to match the price. Hope this helps.....
Old May 14th 2008, 10:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So you definitely need to check out the Sunshine Coast, you may hate it and that would be the end of it. I know we are all very different but I'm fairly amazed that you appear to be considering rellies visiting for a few weeks over where you and yours would spend every day. I'm sure it's not as simple as that but your overall concern must surely be what works for you personally. I'm sure your rellies are nothing like mine but we've not had a visit in 2 1/2 years so it's a damn good job we didn't consider them in the first place

Cairns will always be that much more expensive simply for the reasons already given.