Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights from Oz to UK - how can they be booked

Flights from Oz to UK - how can they be booked

Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:07 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights from Oz to UK - how can they be booked

A friend of mine wants to book a flight for a friend of hers to come to uk. Her friend lives in Adelaide, and she wants to book it as a surprise for her.

Does anyone know of oz websites she can use, os when she tries to do it from here it won't let her.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:12 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights from Oz to UK - how can they be booked

Try ringing Flight Centre Direct (local number should be in phone book) they were able to book me a flight last year for an American friend to come over to the UK. I had to go and confirm the flight with the airline in the UK as they usually ask to see the credit card it was booked on at check in.

If you have no luck give me a shout, a friend of mine works in a travel agents in NSW so she might be able to help out.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ub40fan
A friend of mine wants to book a flight for a friend of hers to come to uk. Her friend lives in Adelaide, and she wants to book it as a surprise for her.

Does anyone know of oz websites she can use, os when she tries to do it from here it won't let her.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
Tell her to go to www.google.com.au or www.yahoo.com.au and type something like 'book flights online' in the search bar, remembering to click on 'australia only' so it doesn't being up uk or u.s results. This will bring up plenty of oz flight companies, including www.cheapflights.com.au!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:16 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Try ringing Flight Centre Direct (local number should be in phone book) they were able to book me a flight last year for an American friend to come over to the UK. I had to go and confirm the flight with the airline in the UK as they usually ask to see the credit card it was booked on at check in.

If you have no luck give me a shout, a friend of mine works in a travel agents in NSW so she might be able to help out.
Thanks, will pass that on to her.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:19 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
Try www.flightcentre.com.au

They have a range of carriers on their books.
I think they have offices in UK as well. May be best for your friend to go directly to a bonded travel agent or airline office in UK (and make sure any ticket carries insurance incase something happens at the OZ end and needs to be re-booked).
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

SnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant future

Try the airlines website directly, having a vested interest take a look at the Virgin Atlantic website first, but I believe Qantas and all the others are now on the e-booking bandwagon.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:44 pm
Where I want to be

Thanks to all who have replied. I have passed on all the suggestions.