Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new to all this.. a few questions please

new to all this.. a few questions please

Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:59 pm
UK Bound

keep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the rough
Smile new to all this.. a few questions please

Hi everyone,

My first message, so be gentle with me...

We (me and hubby - no children) plan to emigrate to the Perth area by the end of this year with a retirement visa, and need to know a few things about the cost of living. I know these questions have probably been asked MANY times, but instead of going through hundreds of pages maybe some kind person can help ?

What is the approx. cost of insurance for, say, a 2 litre auto jeep (age 50 plus). Car Tax ? MOT´s ? etc.

I have been reading loads of your questions and answers and must say I could be on this site all day. Really enjoying myself. Found out all sorts of things, and had a laugh too. Lots more to find out, so will be back again soon.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:10 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: new to all this.. a few questions please

Originally Posted by keep smiling
Hi everyone,

We (me and hubby - no children) plan to emigrate to the Perth area by the end of this year with a retirement visa, and need to know a few things about the cost of living. I know these questions have probably been asked MANY times, but instead of going through hundreds of pages maybe some kind person can help ?

What is the approx. cost of insurance for, say, a 2 litre auto jeep (age 50 plus). Car Tax ? MOT´s ? etc.

I have been reading loads of your questions and answers and must say I could be on this site all day. Really enjoying myself. Found out all sorts of things, and had a laugh too. Lots more to find out, so will be back again soon.
Welcome to the site - watch out - its addictive!!

As for your specific questions - I have absolutely no idea but suggest you put up relevant searches to narrow down your range - most things will have been covered....... and then some.

Good luck

Jim
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:11 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome, and I've sent you a personal message
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keep smiling
Hi everyone,

You need to be aware of the following:

1. The retirement visa is not permanent residence.

2. You need to apply for a retirement visa by 30 June 2005 as it's closing to new applicants on that date.

Jeremy