Flights to Oz

Old May 23rd 2003, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to Oz

Hi guys,

Not sure if this will be a problem but ...

On the connecting flight from Newcastle to Heathrow we will obviously have our (however many kg we allowed) with us. Does the connecting flight (eg - little plane that goes really slow) allow us to carry so much weight or will the allowance be 'levied' as we are emigrating so therefore need to take that amount.

Any help would be very useful.

Excuse if I am not making sense - funny day (as per usual)

Cheers

Anthony
Old May 23rd 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

interesting question but i guess if you've booked the connecting flight as part of the deal then 'maybe'

if you've booked -say- easyjet to london then they will charge you as per normal...

cheers

richard
Old May 24th 2003, 7:41 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flights to Oz

Originally posted by anthonykirby
Hi guys,

Not sure if this will be a problem but ...

On the connecting flight from Newcastle to Heathrow we will obviously have our (however many kg we allowed) with us. Does the connecting flight (eg - little plane that goes really slow) allow us to carry so much weight or will the allowance be 'levied' as we are emigrating so therefore need to take that amount.

Any help would be very useful.

Excuse if I am not making sense - funny day (as per usual)

Cheers

Anthony
My initial thought is No. Used to work in the airline industry but I would imagina it wll depend on whether you are arranging seperate flights ie NCL - LHR LHR - BNE or NCL - BNE via LHR. I would suggest speaking to whoever you are booking the flights with.

Would be interested to know the answer though. May consider Leeds to Melbourne via LHR rather than going from london.

Jo
Old May 24th 2003, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the replies guys.

I will phone up the agent who we are booking our flight with and then let you all know the answer incase you are interested.

Cheers

Anthony
Old May 24th 2003, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Just been on to the travel agent about the same thing, they said that if you are not stopping at London for a stopover then they should let you.

We are flying via America So will have 32kg each anyway, cheaper flight than the migrant one way.

Carrianne
Old May 24th 2003, 9:26 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I spoke to Qantas and they indicated that if you fly to Australia via the States (LA) then each person can take 2 pieces of baggage up to 32Kg each. i.e. 64 Kgs per person!

Is this right or not?
Old May 24th 2003, 9:35 am
Just Joined

pjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dinky
Hi,
I spoke to Qantas and they indicated that if you fly to Australia via the States (LA) then each person can take 2 pieces of baggage up to 32Kg each. i.e. 64 Kgs per person!

Is this right or not?
Is that 2 cases that equal 32kg each?
Old May 24th 2003, 9:36 am
Just Joined

pjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pjones
Is that 2 cases that equal 32kg each?
or a total of 32Kg per person (with up to 2 cases)
Old May 24th 2003, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Carianne

Your'e a star! Will look into that possibility further ......

Anthony
Old May 24th 2003, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

that's 32kg each better going via america she said. Also that Qantas will only give you that one way so if your like us wanting to travel and an open ended ticket to return home within 1 year then this was cool.

We are hoping to change the route as the flight s are short and sweet and to to go surfing adn cruising on a schooner.

Possibly now going

Glasgow - Lhr _ Lhr - La (2 nights) 11 hours flight - La to Honolulu 6 hour flight 3 nights - Honolulu - fiji - 5 hours flight stay for a 2 night Schooner cruise going back to nature - fiji - New zealand - 5 hours - 5 nights with Auntie and Uncle in Christchurch - New Zealand to Brisbane at home

This is open though return you need to give a date but can change it when you like - we liked this flexible choice of flight, all with BA Qantas so we clock up those frequent flyer points aswell.

This is with Travelbag who for once where much cheaper than trailfinders.