Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights to Nashville from Perth

Flights to Nashville from Perth

Old Mar 18th 2011, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights to Nashville from Perth

Hello people Wonder if anyone has any experience of flying from Oz to USA and which flight companies etc are best to use price wise and best times of years for travelling? I could offer all sorts of advice for getting to Europe but USA i have no idea! I have a good friend in Tenessee who i would love to go visit next year but would also like (if i can save enough) to go to New York for couple nights. I'm in Perth and it looks like best of the deals mean going to Sydney first with a cheap internal flight but after that Im stuck!! Is there an equivilant of airasia going that way???
Old Mar 18th 2011, 1:53 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to Nashville from Perth

Mandy
Look at round the world tix. They have good deals apparently at the mo. Also if he doesn't respond, bcworld is the guy to pm.
NY is a brilliant city and definitely worth it of nearby i.e. northern hemisphere.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 11:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Hello people Wonder if anyone has any experience of flying from Oz to USA and which flight companies etc are best to use price wise and best times of years for travelling? I could offer all sorts of advice for getting to Europe but USA i have no idea! I have a good friend in Tenessee who i would love to go visit next year but would also like (if i can save enough) to go to New York for couple nights. I'm in Perth and it looks like best of the deals mean going to Sydney first with a cheap internal flight but after that Im stuck!! Is there an equivilant of airasia going that way???
Try Air New Zealand. It's a direct flight from here to Auckland then on to SFO. Avoid LAX - it's a total nightmare! From SFO you can get cheap internal flights. http://www.onetravel.com/Default.asp...&tt=ONEWAYTRIP From Nashville to New York I would go Jet Blue. They're often the least expensive and JFK is their hub, so all their flights go through NY.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

woah - thanks guys - that has given me something to look at. its not going to be happening for 12 months at least (gotta save lol) but at least i can start the planning stage
Old Mar 19th 2011, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Mandy
Look at round the world tix. They have good deals apparently at the mo. Also if he doesn't respond, bcworld is the guy to pm.
NY is a brilliant city and definitely worth it of nearby i.e. northern hemisphere.
cheers Evan - hope you found what you were looking for in Mitre 10 today
Old Mar 19th 2011, 6:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas recently started flights to Dallas and had some good specials on, with connections to regional US cities on American Airlines - not sure if that included Nashville. Worth keeping an eye on though.

Your cheapest option as you've said is probably buying a low cost flight to Sydney and then as Dorothy said buy separate US domestic flights if you want to go to NY.

There's no loco's operating across the Pacific but there have been plenty of fares around the $1k mark (from East Aus) of late.

RTW could work, might be a bit more expensive but more security with a ticket like that if you have issues.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 8:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Qantas recently started flights to Dallas and had some good specials on, with connections to regional US cities on American Airlines - not sure if that included Nashville. Worth keeping an eye on though.

Your cheapest option as you've said is probably buying a low cost flight to Sydney and then as Dorothy said buy separate US domestic flights if you want to go to NY.

There's no loco's operating across the Pacific but there have been plenty of fares around the $1k mark (from East Aus) of late.

RTW could work, might be a bit more expensive but more security with a ticket like that if you have issues.
Sydney to Dallas would be good for a cheap internal flight to Nashville. DFW is busy, but not as busy as LAX. DFW is a stop on lots of internal flights, including those from SFO to Nashville.

Daunted, I am really jealous of your plans. I love Tennesee (and the whole south for that matter) but not as much as I love New York.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all the help - my daughter has been lookin at it all today and a book if fast filling up! We have now elaborated on our plan - this is a rough outline which we will need to fine tune as cheaply as possible
OK, cheap flight to Sydney.
Fly to LA and then the fun bit.............pick up a RV and drive to Tenessee via Grand Canyon. After a week or so at friends house in Tenesee, bus it to Washington DC and then onto New York before flying home to Perth Sounds so exciting hey?
My mate from Tenesee wants to be part of it so says she will meet us in LA to do the road trip experience with us which will cut down costs a bit as well as having an extra driver!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 1:14 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the help - my daughter has been lookin at it all today and a book if fast filling up! We have now elaborated on our plan - this is a rough outline which we will need to fine tune as cheaply as possible
OK, cheap flight to Sydney.
Fly to LA and then the fun bit.............pick up a RV and drive to Tenessee via Grand Canyon. After a week or so at friends house in Tenesee, bus it to Washington DC and then onto New York before flying home to Perth Sounds so exciting hey?
My mate from Tenesee wants to be part of it so says she will meet us in LA to do the road trip experience with us which will cut down costs a bit as well as having an extra driver!
Shit plan

I've driven from LA to Vegas and that was fab, but given the trip you're planning, I'd skip LA altogether, fly into San Francisco and drive down that way through Yosemite.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shit plan

I've driven from LA to Vegas and that was fab, but given the trip you're planning, I'd skip LA altogether, fly into San Francisco and drive down that way through Yosemite.
but i want to do the cowboy ranch experience at the Grand Canyon!!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:25 pm
Devil's Advocate

but i want to do the cowboy ranch experience at the Grand Canyon!!
Still can. Look at a map
Old Mar 19th 2011, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Still can. Look at a map
Well I'll be damned!! Don't tell anyone but i thought San Fran was on the East coast Geography never was my strongest point - just like i thought we could have a stop over on the way to Perth in Fiji!(without going the long way around!) Guess i really must get a big map book!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'll be damned!! Don't tell anyone but i thought San Fran was on the East coast Geography never was my strongest point - just like i thought we could have a stop over on the way to Perth in Fiji!(without going the long way around!) Guess i really must get a big map book!
It sounds fab.Good for you.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'll be damned!! Don't tell anyone but i thought San Fran was on the East coast !
I'm seriously going to try and forget that you wrote that
Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm seriously going to try and forget that you wrote that
thanks MP! Actually it isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened. When we were planning our flights out here I was thinking about a stopover in Fiji!!! Wondered why my kids kept looking at me as if I was bonkers!! Come on own up! Who moved Fiji????