Flights & Life

Old Jul 18th 2004, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Flights & Life

Hi, am looking for some help, does anyone know of reasonably cheap flights into Oz. I am wanting to fly around Feb next year. I know is still peak season but between 4+10 thousand GBSterling is silly.
I am also looking for help with people currently in Oz about how can I achieve my dream of getting there! I have looked at loads of immigration sites and they usually have a one check thing to see if yr eligable - which it appears i am not, I don't have anything skilled that Oz wants - even though i am a teaching assistant going through the necessary qualifications (NVQ3). Are teaching assistants not used in Oz? My husband is currently in the Royal Navy and wil have finished 27yrs service in 2007, he is a submariner by trade (Chief Petty Officer, Communications), but of course its difficult to place his professional trade with Civiy street - anyhow if you have any ideas please advise.
Thanks for your time.

Flo&Mags
Old Jul 18th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights & Life

Originally posted by flo&mags
Hi, am looking for some help, does anyone know of reasonably cheap flights into Oz. I am wanting to fly around Feb next year. I know is still peak season but between 4+10 thousand GBSterling is silly.
I am also looking for help with people currently in Oz about how can I achieve my dream of getting there! I have looked at loads of immigration sites and they usually have a one check thing to see if yr eligable - which it appears i am not, I don't have anything skilled that Oz wants - even though i am a teaching assistant going through the necessary qualifications (NVQ3). Are teaching assistants not used in Oz? My husband is currently in the Royal Navy and wil have finished 27yrs service in 2007, he is a submariner by trade (Chief Petty Officer, Communications), but of course its difficult to place his professional trade with Civiy street - anyhow if you have any ideas please advise.
Thanks for your time.

Flo&Mags

Hello,

My husband is also in the Royal Navy and a submarnier. He finishes 22 years service nov 2005. Have you spoken to an agent yet ? We have just submitted our TRA , and my husband is going for general electrician. Our agent has been very helpfull , but is still a little bit worried about matching his skills to a civillian job. I would suggest talking to an agent and see if he/she can help you

Good luck

Nicky
Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:26 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Flights & Life

Hi,

With the flights I notice you're from Italy but £4000 to £10000 sounds crazy. I usually book direct with the airline so www.singaporeair.com www.emirates.com www.qantas.co.uk www.flightcentre.co.uk the good thing about flight centre is that if you find a cheaper flight elsewhere they will usually better it www.austravel.com www.bridgetheworld.com www.leestravel.co.uk are all good.

Theres also cathay pacific, thai airways, Malaysian airways ect.

Good Luck