Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This is it! Flights are booked!

This is it! Flights are booked!

Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:50 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default This is it! Flights are booked!

Hi all,

I am so excited. Our flights are now booked, we go on Friday 10th August with Malaysian Airlines via Kuala Lumpur

After all this time it just doesnt seem real that we are actually going. Some of you may know that we were originally moving to Sunshine Coast but due to my hubby's job we needed to be closer to Brisbane and GC so have settled on Cleveland. Kids are provisionally enrolled into Cleveland State schools and are just waiting to exchange contracts on our house.

Good luck to all of you just joining the visa rollercoaster ride - it will be worth it in the end!

Last edited by VikkiL; Jul 6th 2007 at 8:53 am.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future
Default Re: This is it! Flights are booked!

thats great news,makes it all feel real now. cleveland is a lovely place too.
good luck

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi all,

I am so excited. Our flights are now booked, we go on Friday 10th August with Malaysian Airlines via Kuala Lumpur

After all this time it just doesnt seem real that we are actually going. Some of you may know that we were originally moving to Sunshine Coast but due to my hubby's job we needed to be closer to Brisbane and GC so have settled on Cleveland. Kids are provisionally enrolled into Cleveland State schools and are just waiting to exchange contracts on our house.

Good luck to all of you just joining the visa rollercoaster ride - it will be worth it in the end!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Swooty will become famous soon enough

Good Luck

I hope it works out for you !
Old Jul 6th 2007, 9:50 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, all the best with your new life. Have a safe journey and look forward to an update.

Joex
Old Jul 6th 2007, 10:41 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys. Will definitely do an update from the other side in a few months.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Good luck Vikki!

We are waiting to exchange too. Just can't bring myself to book flights yet though, I keep expecting something to go wrong!!

Kerry
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

Hi all,

Good Luck, have a safe journey.

We too are going with Malaysian, via KL, but on 25th July, and we are also settling in Cleveland, so Snap!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:29 pm
In Aus and loving it!

Originally Posted by goingozwards2007
Good Luck, have a safe journey.

We too are going with Malaysian, via KL, but on 25th July, and we are also settling in Cleveland, so Snap!
Its a small world really isnt it?

Look forward to meeting you there!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: This is it! Flights are booked!

Hi all,

Congratulations and good luck
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Really pleased for you

Jules
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

HFamily will become famous soon enough

Great news !!

Hope to be able to post the same thing soon.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Nozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to allNozzys is a name known to all

Hi all,

Cleveland is lovely, had dinner on a boat in moreton bay back in Feb whilst looking for a place to live, we have settled on Redland bay and will be there early sept.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:39 pm
In Aus and loving it!

Told my in-laws yesterday that the flights are booked and my MIL promptly burst into tears!

She has been very supportive all through this but was has said that she will obviously miss us all. Now it is 'official' she is struggling to come to terms with it but I am sure she will be ok - they are coming over for 3 months in January!!! Hardly enough time to miss us properly!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:43 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

hiya

we fly with Singapore Airlines on 20th August, we have a2 night stay in Singapore and then on to Brisbane

Sarahx