Flight Pricing

Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flight Pricing

Why are one way flights so expensive compared to return? To me it makes no sense at all. Although i would expect to pay more than half price i would not expect to have to pay more Therefore we have booked 2x return flights with singapore for this Oct for a price i could not refuse even though we will not use the return total price of £815.84 Bargain for two i would say
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:25 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight Pricing

Originally Posted by Mrs M
Why are one way flights so expensive compared to return? To me it makes no sense at all. Although i would expect to pay more than half price i would not expect to have to pay more Therefore we have booked 2x return flights with singapore for this Oct for a price i could not refuse even though we will not use the return total price of £815.84 Bargain for two i would say
Remember that you can always rebook the return sectors 12 months in the future for a jolly back to the UK. It will be the never ending return ticket
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Use the one way ticket and then see if you can cancel the return leg and get some refund..
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mrs M
Those prices are really good, how did you get them so cheap ,
thanks
michelle
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

eeksy will become famous soon enougheeksy will become famous soon enough

Singapore airlines have some very cheap fares at the moment.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Centurion
Remember that you can always rebook the return sectors 12 months in the future for a jolly back to the UK. It will be the never ending return ticket
What a good idea!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

LOL it's Australia's way of making sure that you never leave because you cant afford the airfares out! I reckon a return is always a good way to go because you never know when you might need it.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:30 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I had time to kill while the MOT was being done on my bike this morning so I popped into Thomas Cook to ask about a one way ticket to Sydney via Cape Town and Kuala Lumpur. Leaving mid October arriving Mid December. It came out at £893 per person with Emirates. It's about the cheapest that I've seen yet without having to fly back to the UK from Cape Town and use Air Asia to Melbourne and then a connecting internal flight to Sydney.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Emirates have some good fares just now too. I just booked one-way tickets from Scotland to Brisbane for £570 each.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

krazys back is an unknown quantity at this point

I've booked for 16th January with Etihad - £844 per person return (Manc - Abu Dabhi - Sydney - Brisbane (with Virgin Blue) - Abu Dabhi - Manc). Although not the £400ish you can get at the moment, for the shoulder season its pretty good I thought!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:48 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Emirates have some good fares just now too. I just booked one-way tickets from Scotland to Brisbane for £570 each.
Don't forget that Emirates have increased the luggage allowences also.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Indeed - we got 50kg using the Moving Planet code, but even their standard allowance of 30kg is better than a lot of the other airlines.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:07 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Indeed - we got 50kg using the Moving Planet code, but even their standard allowance of 30kg is better than a lot of the other airlines.
How you doing Cookiestar? Haven't spoken to anyone in ages.