Flight costs

Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:20 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flight costs

Just been online checking out the costs of flights to Melbourne in Febuary and they seem to have gone up a fair bit since i was looking a couple of months ago.The best price i seem to be getting is about £3100 for 2 adults 2 kids
Does this seem right? Any recommendations where i can get a bargain ??

Regards,Lee
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flight costs

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Just been online checking out the costs of flights to Melbourne in Febuary and they seem to have gone up a fair bit since i was looking a couple of months ago.The best price i seem to be getting is about £3100 for 2 adults 2 kids

Regards,Lee

You being as boring as me on Boxing day! I was checking out flights to Perth and only £1550 for 3 adults and 1 child with Cathay Pacific, try them.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Regards,Lee
Would have been better booking early as prices seem to go higher closer to date as limited availability, are flights one way? or return?
Would say asda, opodo and last minute are best options
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:11 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Regards,Lee
If you are talking one way then there is plenty of availability in Feb on Qantas at about £555 per adult which works out at just over £2000 for 2 adults/2 kids.

For return fare again Qantas is looking cheapest - late in Feb is cheaper than middle of the month.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:36 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you are talking one way then there is plenty of availability in Feb on Qantas at about £555 per adult which works out at just over £2000 for 2 adults/2 kids.

For return fare again Qantas is looking cheapest - late in Feb is cheaper than middle of the month.
lucky me im going on the 10th ish
I would have booked earlier but its a validation trip so i've been hanging on for the house to sell to no avail....

I may try to swim it

Lee
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:24 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

2 stop offs,each with about 2 hrs wait.

Whats the verdict? is it worth doing these type of flights? What if the connections goes tits up?

decisions decisions

Lee
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the verdict? is it worth doing these type of flights? What if the connections goes tits up?

decisions decisions

Lee
My son did that for the trip back when he visited, said he was knackered by the time he'd finished. He said he preferred the trip out, with a 12 hour stop in Singapore.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:00 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

decisions decisions

Lee
We flew Feb 10th with emirates with a 2 hour stop over in Dubai......we found it ok.

2+2 ....£ 2300

Look about Lee i am sure you will get it cheaper than that
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

decisions decisions

Lee
If the connections go tits up and its all booked on one ticket then the airline will sort you out. Also there will be plenty of other folks connecting on these flights so its worthwhile for the airline to hold the flight for a bit rather than having to rebook lots of people.

The non-stop off option can be hard, especially if your kids are young 'uns. I'd also pay a bit extra to avoid long daytime flights.....especially on the return journey from Asia to the UK.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

We did through a independent travel agent with 4 days stop over in Singapore, & it came to just under 2,500 that was fo 3 adults & 2 children, we paid for the hotel which was very cheap.
but the before year when we came for our reccie, we booked via teletext holiday, & we had night stop over in Kuala Lumpur, which was all include in the flight, if you shop around you can find good deals.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Tassiedevil35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have u tried Singaopre Airways they seem to be cheap at the moment! We have just booked with them to fly out on 25th march one way to Melbourne total cost for 2 adults and 3 children was £2048.