Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

claiming tax back

claiming tax back

Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough
Default claiming tax back

hi everyone
i have heard that you can claim your income tax back (for this tax year) if you are emigrating just wondered if anyone had heard or done this,if so how did they go about it.would be nice if its true

anne marie
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all
Default Re: claiming tax back

Originally Posted by justcantwait View Post
hi everyone
i have heard that you can claim your income tax back (for this tax year) if you are emigrating just wondered if anyone had heard or done this,if so how did they go about it.would be nice if its true

anne marie
Yes I read a thread on here regarding this I'm sure you just contact the inland revenue, good luck.
Beccie
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:16 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Just fill in the P85 on-line, piece of cake.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:58 pm
Account Closed

tayella is an unknown quantity at this point

There you go Anne Marie I knew Nat read it somewhere.

Good answer Dave, do you have a link to the site for the P85 form?

Cheers

Chris
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tayella View Post
There you go Anne Marie I knew Nat read it somewhere.

Good answer Dave, do you have a link to the site for the P85 form?

Cheers

Chris
Google is your friend.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

Cheers Doc
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/p85s.pdf
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

Cheers Nik your a star.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough

hi all
have found the form on the tax site,thanks for all your replies.has anyone claimed it back and how long does it take as it asks to include parts of your
p45,sorry about all the questions just want to check my info

anne marie xx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

Next question is - can any of you wonderfull people tell me how long this takes to complete?

Lets face it our Tax people are not exactly as fast as Ben Johnson on Steroids are they?

Acccciiieedddddd!!!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

still be waiting next tax year

anne marie xx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

More than likely.
See ya 2morra Anne Marie. I got a nice bottle of Ozzy White chilling in the fridge, ill bring it with me.
All we drink is Ozzy Wine, however i do swerve the Fosters and XXXX but ill drink the imported stuff.

Adios Amigos
Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:07 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

A mate who's been in Adelaide since June did his the week after he left, it took about 2 months to be paid into his account. I think he got £2k back which is better than poke in the eye.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I claimed it back last time and it took a couple of weeks.

Will do the same again.

Mandy
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

a bit of a silly question I cant seem to be able to insert text into the online form for to claim my tax back any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.