flies

Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flies

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I read in the paper today that they have done a check in Maleny (Sunshine Coast) and they have found 124.7 flies per person per square mile. This compares with 1 fly per 800 square miles in the North Pole (these are the rare Polar Flies that live off penguin waste)
Maybe the North Pole is a better bet?
My sister was stationed at Alert which is just south of magnetic north. It snows 255 days per year there. I think I'll take the flies.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's when you get out to the hills or country areas they seem to be worse. We have a manageable amount here at our place but like I was saying earlier when we went to Guilderton it was just GROSS!
I think it's worse at the beach than in the hills although I was walking the dog in the bush last weekend and the flies were bad.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 1:40 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reggiekatie
hi is it true about all the flies in the summer? which is the best and which is the worst state to live in or are there flies everywhere?
I can wholeheartedly assure you that there are absolutely no bush flies whatsoever here in Cairns, or in the surrounding area. I've walked in the city, the local towns, the rainforest, the dry forest, the savannah, along the beaches, the cane fields, and open farmlands and not encountered a single solitary bush fly.

The mangroves can be a challenge due to the sand flies (lots of insect repellent) otherwise no worries. I was tormented by bush flies down south and would never live in many places there for that reason alone, though I'm sure they're not bad everywhere (before I get jumped on...)

Cairns also has plenty of water (at the moment, so long as you don't mind the odd cyclone) and also is unusual in being one of the few places in Aus where pythons and harmless rear-fanged Colubrid snakes predominate (although there are still plenty of Taipans, Eastern Browns, RB Blacks, and Death Adders in the sticks).

End of travel commercial...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 1:51 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

at the beginning of the summer there seem to be more flies...as the summer goes on it becomes less and less... the one important thing to do is just get used to them or you will go mad with your arms waving around your head like a loony...only get the ones that go up your nose or in your eyes otherwise just think of them as a cute little creature that's giving you a tickle...invest in a pack of fly swatters and have fly swatting competitions ans see who can catch the most flies...just don't let it get to you.......