flies

Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

reggiekatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flies

hi is it true about all the flies in the summer? which is the best and which is the worst state to live in or are there flies everywhere?
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: flies

Originally Posted by reggiekatie
hi is it true about all the flies in the summer? which is the best and which is the worst state to live in or are there flies everywhere?
They are everywhere , masses upon masses of them .

its best to buy a anti - fly suit , fairly cheap too
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

I visited Oz over Xmas time and found Melbourne to be the worst for flies (Ayres Rock/Alice Springs was pretty bad as well). We also visited Cairns/Brisbane/Sydney and found those to be ok at this time of year.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

They're an ABSOLUTE pain in the arse anywhere & everywhere over there!!! They're not like our British flies either, those ones love to land on you the minute they see you - nice(?) friendly little devils
There's not a lot you can do (apart from use lots of Aeroguard!) about them, they're just a part of it all!!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott
They are everywhere , masses upon masses of them .

its best to buy a anti - fly suit , fairly cheap too
OK? errmm.. am I being a bit naive here, but what is an anti-fly suit? Or is it a wind up?

Em x
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

reggiekatie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emelems
OK? errmm.. am I being a bit naive here, but what is an anti-fly suit? Or is it a wind up?

Em x
I AM HOPING THATS ITS A JOKE!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:38 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by emelems

Em x
You can buy self adehisve fly-paper , they attach strips of it to your top , back & sleeves , this attracts the flies from your face & when you get home you just tear it off & bin it .
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:41 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

no??

heres our little one ready for the shool run
Attached Thumbnails flies-suit_1186.jpg  
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Guilderton a couple of weeks ago body boarding and the flies were so bad there we got out of the car, and within 10 seconds there were literally thousands of them in our hair, up our noses, in our ears, landing all over our skin. We all had to put a towel around our heads and the only exposed area was the eyes so we could see where we were walking. You do sort of a dance with your arms while you walk to keep them somewhat off your face.

I don't remember them being this bad in SA last summer, but then maybe because it was so dry there we didn't get as many.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Flies are worse this year than they have been for some time. Up your nose and buzzing around your head. The dung beetles did a good job but now the drought has knocked the dung beetle population out and the flies are back in force. They are not as bad in the towns and cities as they are out in the bush though!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
We went to Guilderton a couple of weeks ago body boarding and the flies were so bad there we got out of the car, and within 10 seconds there were literally thousands of them in our hair, up our noses, in our ears, landing all over our skin. We all had to put a towel around our heads and the only exposed area was the eyes so we could see where we were walking. You do sort of a dance with your arms while you walk to keep them somewhat off your face.

I don't remember them being this bad in SA last summer, but then maybe because it was so dry there we didn't get as many.

I've got one buzzing around my head - it's driving me insane.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

This is the worst I can remember it in the 3 summers I have been here. Hopefully they will start to subside a bit soon.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:08 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Sign of a healthy ecosystem apparently, like frogs in the drains.

Saves me buying lunch at cricket too, just munch away on the run ...
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

No flies here (Sydney beach suburb) at all.

You get a few around in early summer but it's never that bad and it never lasts long - no worse than the flies in the UK. We don't have any fly screens in our house and neither do any of our neighbours.

Some parts of the country are far worse than others. Worst flies I ever saw was in country WA - just like Dorothy described. So bad we daren't even open our mouths to say 'what a lot of flies!'
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

For Perth:
Summer 05/06 was terrible - the worst so far.
Summer 06/07 - no problem.
Summer 07/08 - not as bad as 05/06. We had a lot of rain over the winter so maybe contributing? Should be gone in a few weeks time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.