Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flatshare Sydney CBD

Flatshare Sydney CBD

Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:17 am
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of
Default Flatshare Sydney CBD

I'm looking for a flatshare or apartment in or close to Sydney CBD to start as soon as possible.
Want at least my own room and to keep rent to a minimum (whist living somewhere fairly pleasant!).
I've tried looking on Gumtree and lots of their places seem to be dorm style apartments and I've enquired about three single apartments and received dodgy replies asking me to send rent and bond to Mexico, Africa and America before I can even view them!
Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions about where I can look?
I'm on a temporary contract at work so given the economic climate, I don't really want to get locked into a long term lease or anything.
Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:25 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flatshare Sydney CBD

Check things like notice boards in the areas you want to be. Places such as Uni's are good because students often need flatmates. Also try YHA hostels, supermarkets, etc. Put your own notice up asking letting everyone know what you want and who you'd like to share with.

Yes, Gumtree is started to get inundated with a lot of scams lately, so beware of that.

Good luck!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:52 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LCT
I'm looking for a flatshare or apartment in or close to Sydney CBD to start as soon as possible.
Want at least my own room and to keep rent to a minimum (whist living somewhere fairly pleasant!).
I've tried looking on Gumtree and lots of their places seem to be dorm style apartments and I've enquired about three single apartments and received dodgy replies asking me to send rent and bond to Mexico, Africa and America before I can even view them!
I'm on a temporary contract at work so given the economic climate, I don't really want to get locked into a long term lease or anything.
Thanks in advance!

Have you tried the accommodation section of the local newspapers, as they are the best option.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

roman_candle has a spectacular aura aboutroman_candle has a spectacular aura aboutroman_candle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LCT
Thanks in advance!
The Gumtree can be a bit dodgy. I always found Flatmate Finders (http://www.flatmatefinders.com.au/) a good and legitimate way of finding flatmates
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Boweaver will become famous soon enough

Yep used Flatmate finders myself. a Bit of a pain creating the profile etc but a good way to get in contact with relatively normal people and decent houses/units etc.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

hopalong has a brilliant futurehopalong has a brilliant futurehopalong has a brilliant futurehopalong has a brilliant futurehopalong has a brilliant futurehopalong has a brilliant futurehopalong has a brilliant future

Thanks for the suggestion....just signed up myself!