flapping

Old Oct 20th 2006, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default flapping

hi were looking to come over july 07,were gonna rent for a year probally daleyellup area or eaton we can only realy spend 350 to 400.My husbands flapping now that we cant afford it.Everybody keeps saying that the cost of living is mad and 1 woman we spoke to is coming home.tt

thanks paulaxx
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future
Default Re: flapping

Hey there what side of country is that??

Rental you can get for cheaper if you look around we only pay 260 a week but we had to look at a lot of expensive ones and rough ones before finding it. We had the dream of large house and pool but when renting but does it really matter to have a pool that you need to maintain, we dropped that dream for first year while we settled in, will save you money in long run.

If you can go for much lower rent - it will help - we thought coming over we would easily pay that amount (you do mean 400 a week don't you?) but when you take all into account thats quite a high amount to pay every week.
Cost of living well I am not sure that food is any cheaper - what you need to do is get your ahead around not converting as your wage will be lower so if you buy something for $15 just think to yourself thats £15 - it makes things much easier.

Petrol is cheaper, and life is better you just have to be sensible.

We lived in London and both had to work fulltime and but our little girl in nursery fulltime costing 1,000 a month.

Here we live on one wage easily (much less than home), we save, we do lots and live better more family life

It is a worry when you think about things back in UK before you arrive but I really would give it a go I don't think you will be dissapointed, besides you cannot judge by someone else as you will see by expat site so many love it over here and would never go back.

If you need anymore help, please PM me - as a relatively newie here mayeb we can help with anything you need to know

Good luck

Jayne

Originally Posted by tony s
hi were looking to come over july 07,were gonna rent for a year probally daleyellup area or eaton we can only realy spend 350 to 400.My husbands flapping now that we cant afford it.Everybody keeps saying that the cost of living is mad and 1 woman we spoke to is coming home.tt

thanks paulaxx
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

[QUOTE=Jayniebabes]Hey there what side of country is that??
Thank you so much for the reply.Were looking at Bunbury,what i meant was 350 to 400 to buy.We had a lady of the expat site send us a newspaper even though it wasnt the area we wanted the only we could afford is the areas she told us to avoid.
thanks Paulaxx :scared:
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:12 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=tony s]
Originally Posted by Jayniebabes
Hey there what side of country is that??
Thank you so much for the reply.Were looking at Bunbury,what i meant was 350 to 400 to buy.We had a lady of the expat site send us a newspaper even though it wasnt the area we wanted the only we could afford is the areas she told us to avoid.
thanks Paulaxx :scared:

I think one of the best ways of judging is to check out the property sites such as
http://justlisted.com.au/
http://www.realestate.com.au/

and

http://www.domain.com.au/

to get an idea of what the property prices are as they differ so differently.

In your search, make sure you tick the box for surrounding areas and then have a look.
I don't find the newspapers a reliable source to be honest - They usually feature a smaller amount of properties available and the pics are tricky to judge.

HTH
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=iPom]
Originally Posted by tony s

I think one of the best ways of judging is to check out the property sites such as
http://justlisted.com.au/
http://www.realestate.com.au/

and

http://www.domain.com.au/

to get an idea of what the property prices are as they differ so differently.

In your search, make sure you tick the box for surrounding areas and then have a look.
I don't find the newspapers a reliable source to be honest - They usually feature a smaller amount of properties available and the pics are tricky to judge.

HTH
thanks
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=tony s]
Originally Posted by iPom
thanks
Hiya we are in Bunbury, I've got a copy of the real estate pages from the Bunbury Mail , if you like i can send them to you. Its got a few properties in Eaton and Dalyellup for sale.
Sue Pm me your address if you want it.