Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fishing from land!

Fishing from land!

Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:09 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Fishing from land!

I have just bought a rod that allows me to fish from land or a boat. I am currently living in Randwick. I want to find somewhere local that i can fish. i dont have a boat. So i am looking for somewhere of the beach or something for fishing. I am a total novice when it comes to fishing but i'm willing to learn. Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance! Coogee or Bronte would be cool. Bait that i should use? Fishing books you would recommend? Cheers!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 10:02 am
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing from land!

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I have just bought a rod that allows me to fish from land or a boat. I am currently living in Randwick. I want to find somewhere local that i can fish. i dont have a boat. So i am looking for somewhere of the beach or something for fishing. I am a total novice when it comes to fishing but i'm willing to learn. Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance! Coogee or Bronte would be cool. Bait that i should use? Fishing books you would recommend? Cheers!
Can't help as i don't know the areas, but the Aussies seem to frown on shore fishing which to a lot of Brits is strange as we tend to gather on the banks of rivers and lakes and the seashore in the UK quite readily.

Again I don't know the area but watch the swells as there are several accidents every year from people fishing from rocks and falling in and banging their head and drowning.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rab
Can't help as i don't know the areas, but the Aussies seem to frown on shore fishing which to a lot of Brits is strange as we tend to gather on the banks of rivers and lakes and the seashore in the UK quite readily.

Again I don't know the area but watch the swells as there are several accidents every year from people fishing from rocks and falling in and banging their head and drowning.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was told on my last trip that rock fishing was the most dangerous sport in Australia! :scared: :scared:
Old Nov 20th 2006, 11:12 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

You'd probably want to go after the luderick, or blackfish. You need tiny hooks, floats and use weed for bait.

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fi...h/gtricusp.htm
Old Nov 20th 2006, 11:26 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DerekM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was told on my last trip that rock fishing was the most dangerous sport in Australia! :scared: :scared:
Lots of people get washed off rocks by big waves and drown, around 4 or 5 people die a year rock fishing in oz.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Lots of people get washed off rocks by big waves and drown, around 4 or 5 people die a year rock fishing in oz.
Watch Rex Hunt - he'll give you all the advice you need
Old Nov 21st 2006, 12:57 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Billabong
Watch Rex Hunt - he'll give you all the advice you need
was'nt he caught with hookers recently.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:04 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Rex Hunt, cockney rhyming slang, just like James Blunt...
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:28 am
Banned

http://WWW.smh.com.au/news/national/...545393046.html
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 6:55 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

So not much suggestions. Anyone?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:03 am
(It's not my real name)

So not much suggestions. Anyone?
What about my suggestion?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:46 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Don't know that area, but you can fish just about anywhere, the rivers and tidal estuaries are where I fish, and there are loads of people who just cast out from the bank,
depending on what you,re after too, I have been getting nothing but catfish from the Coomera, they love prawn, use the little dart-like bait fish and you,ll start hitting Bream and Flathead's, only wish i could use those horrible Toad-fish as bait! hundreds of the blighter's near the shore.