Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

police checks -copies?? please help!!

police checks -copies?? please help!!

Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:08 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Default police checks -copies?? please help!!

Hi - does anyone know if I can get a copy of my police check after its been done??
We have sent off all our papers and now that I am applying for jobs down under they are asking for evidence of police checks.
can I get it back from the DIMIA? or get a copy from thames valley police??

DOES ANYONE KNOW???????????
PS if you have your police check - keep a copy!
thanks
Lotte
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police checks -copies?? please help!!

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi - does anyone know if I can get a copy of my police check after its been done??
We have sent off all our papers and now that I am applying for jobs down under they are asking for evidence of police checks.
can I get it back from the DIMIA? or get a copy from thames valley police??

DOES ANYONE KNOW???????????
PS if you have your police check - keep a copy!
thanks
Lotte
If you know your actual date they were done then yes you can get a copy. Ring them up with the date and explain what they are for. They will be able to search for the day they were issued.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:22 am
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
If you know your actual date they were done then yes you can get a copy. Ring them up with the date and explain what they are for. They will be able to search for the day they were issued.
thanks for that,
fingers crossed!
we leave in 2 1/2 weeks so time is running out,
best wishes
Lotte
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:39 am
lotte

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Hi Cath,
when I checked they said that I would have to do them again.
the police station gave me the number of the data department.
Is there somewhere else I can call?
thanks for your time
best wishes
Lotte
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi Cath,
when I checked they said that I would have to do them again.
the police station gave me the number of the data department.
Is there somewhere else I can call?
thanks for your time
best wishes
Lotte
I will have a look back on threads...someone on here needed copies and was told that they needed the exact date for them to search for them when they rung. give me a min to search back.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Charlotte,

We received our police checks a couple of weeks ago but they had spelt my husband's name incorrectly (Wichol instead of Nichol). We had to get his check issued again but struggled to deal with them directly. I phoned my local police station (who had dealt with the request initially) & explained the problem. The Data Protection officer I spoke to was really helpful and told me he had an internal number so he could contact them directly - we had the correct copy 2 days later. So it might be worth you speaking to your local police station to see if they can help.