Fish and Chips in Brisbane

Old Dec 5th 2008, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

shane-sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fish and Chips in Brisbane

I am sure they would...but I would not want it to get too busy

Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
I was driving along the Lytton Road the other day, and saw a chippy advertising 'The Winner of the Best Fish n Chips In Oz '08'.

Take it with a pinch of salt (geddit???) cos signs of this nature are a fairly common sight! (And god forbid if a shop has never won The Best.... it's probably the biggest/quickest/fastest in the Southern hemisphere anyway)

It's called the Fishmonger's Wife, let us know if you try it out

been there many times by far the best fish and chips in australia so far

not cheap though 12 bucks for takeaway f+c
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
been there many times by far the best fish and chips in australia so far

not cheap though 12 bucks for takeaway f+c
Do we have the full name and address of this establishment please ??
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Do we have the full name and address of this establishment please ??
here's the link:
http://www.thefishmongerswife.com/
Old Dec 6th 2008, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Thank you very much indeed
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much indeed
Anyone in the vicinity of Kedron/Clayfield/Wooloowin should try Christies Too on Kedron Park Road - very small shop but superb fish and chips. Not sure about the gravy, but they are reputed to do excellent steak sandwiches as well as the best fish and chips I've had on the Aussie mainland. Fish can be battered, crumbed or grilled, whichever you like.

Christies Too
Burgers, Fish & Chips, Sandwiches
91 Kedron Park Rd
Wooloowin
Phone: (07) 3857 5772
Old Dec 6th 2008, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rabsody
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Anyone in the vicinity of Kedron/Clayfield/Wooloowin should try Christies Too on Kedron Park Road - very small shop but superb fish and chips. Not sure about the gravy, but they are reputed to do excellent steak sandwiches as well as the best fish and chips I've had on the Aussie mainland. Fish can be battered, crumbed or grilled, whichever you like.

Christies Too
Burgers, Fish & Chips, Sandwiches
91 Kedron Park Rd
Wooloowin
Phone: (07) 3857 5772
Ok then i'll ask the question !! Does any of these plaices do the "real chip with potatoes" ?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sambo76
I was driving along the Lytton Road the other day, and saw a chippy advertising 'The Winner of the Best Fish n Chips In Oz '08'.

Take it with a pinch of salt (geddit???) cos signs of this nature are a fairly common sight! (And god forbid if a shop has never won The Best.... it's probably the biggest/quickest/fastest in the Southern hemisphere anyway)

It's called the Fishmonger's Wife, let us know if you try it out
Tried it today and I have to say that it is expensive - $9.75 for cod and chips. Admittedly you get two pieces but they are small. The chips are slightly greasy and the batter on the fish though crispy had been cooked in oil that was at least a day or two old. I would give it a rating of 4/5.

Having tried the above I can safely recommend my favourite as the one at the Blunder Road markets near Aldi in Oxley. I have eaten there three times in six weeks and each has been fabulous. No mushy peas and gravy mind you and I wouldn't bother asking either as they aren't the most talkative. But the food is great - 5/5.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 4:28 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ok then i'll ask the question !! Does any of these plaices do the "real chip with potatoes" ?
Don;t think Christies do,at least I'm fairly sure they are cooked from frozen, though they were once potatoes but they do have good-sized, good tasting chips, not "fast-tood fries". And they will do them with normal salt instead of chicken salt if you ask.
Always tastes like the oil is fresh that day, and no greasy chips.

(having had bad food poisoning once back home from fish done in dodgy oil I'm now more than fussy, I promise you!!)

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 7th 2008 at 4:31 am.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 2:42 am
Just Joined

shane-sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point

If anyone lives near Kelvin Grove, Paddington etc and wants the details of the chippy that does Gravy then let me know
Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shane-sullivan
If anyone lives near Kelvin Grove, Paddington etc and wants the details of the chippy that does Gravy then let me know
As this is a f & c thread on a public forum why not just post the info on here???

Unless, of course, you want to keep it as your little secret
Old Dec 13th 2008, 11:18 am
Just Joined

KitLdnBne is on a distinguished road

Morgans at Redcliffe used to do a decent fish and chips, not sure what they are like these days.

Also Daniels at Sandgate on the foreshore used to be really good as well.

There is another one at Redcliffe, which I can't remember the name of. Which is pretty well known as well... Will try and remember it... Could take me a while I have Baby Brain! :-)

Ok, not sure whether they do gravy either... I used to work in a fish and chip shop in Bracken Ridge when I was at school and can't remember doing gravy - it was a british run one as well. Sorry!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 5:20 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by KitLdnBne
Morgans at Redcliffe used to do a decent fish and chips, not sure what they are like these days.

Also Daniels at Sandgate on the foreshore used to be really good as well.

There is another one at Redcliffe, which I can't remember the name of. Which is pretty well known as well... Will try and remember it... Could take me a while I have Baby Brain! :-)

Ok, not sure whether they do gravy either... I used to work in a fish and chip shop in Bracken Ridge when I was at school and can't remember doing gravy - it was a british run one as well. Sorry!
Morgans are still
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Morgans are still
A bit pricey though?
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:09 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tictac
A bit pricey though?
yeah, more of a treat than an everyday thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.