Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Week/Month Checklist

First Week/Month Checklist

Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

SarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the roughSarahMarx is a jewel in the rough
Default First Week/Month Checklist

Hi all,

Getting excited! My hubby and I are going to be shipping off our container for Melbourne at the end of this month and then finally make the move at the beginning of the new year.

My question (for now!) is what should my husband and I be doing in the first week/month of being in Australia? ie, medical insurance (medicare sign-up and possible private insurers), tax ID, driver's license, etc.

Is there a list somewhere on BE that you know about? Or could some of you vets help us out? Anything would be great.

Thanks all!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:47 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Week/Month Checklist

Originally Posted by SarahMarx
Hi all,

Getting excited! My hubby and I are going to be shipping off our container for Melbourne at the end of this month and then finally make the move at the beginning of the new year.

My question (for now!) is what should my husband and I be doing in the first week/month of being in Australia? ie, medical insurance (medicare sign-up and possible private insurers), tax ID, driver's license, etc.

Is there a list somewhere on BE that you know about? Or could some of you vets help us out? Anything would be great.

Thanks all!
have a look at this thread......http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774

hth
xx