Old May 26th 2004, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by biggy
I think I must of been very lucky to find the Estate Agent that I have

They are first class...........

1% comission
£200 for 6 week advert in 7 newspapers and a couple of freebies
£149 for brochures(no limit to the amount printed)

They have done all the viewings for me, and when the first sale fell through, we were back on the market that night, 4 viewings the next day, and the house was sold again 6 days later.

I know it is there job and they are getting paid well for it, but there is one girl in the office who is going to get the biggest bunch of flowers I can find, when the house sale is complete.

She has done far more than she needed to, and even phoned me up yesterday, to ask how it went when the movers were here, and was I Ok......a wee gem she is

That is the difference from Scotland to England in real estate anyway as houses up here sell like hot cakes at the moment and Scottish people tend to only go with one estate agent where in England you can have as many as you you like and people do(correct me if I am wrong).

My neighbour recently put their house on the market (not because of me I may add) and the house was sold before the estate agent had a chance to put their board up and asked if they could put it up over the weekend and then put the sold sign up on the Monday to make them look good. They got a massive 25% over asking!

That is the other difference here in Scotland, if someone agrees to buy your house it is a legal and binding contract and you have the right to sue for all extra costs incurred,if they pull out.

Sorry for ranting on a bit but know a wee thing about this subject, (I am a builder and property developer)
Old May 26th 2004, 7:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Larissa, We got them down to 1%, however I am not impressed. Took them a week to do the proofs, when they came back the girl had taken apicture(and included it on the flyer) of our toilet (with the seat UP) It wasnt even a picture of our bathroom. just the bog!!!
You see Sandra - you got the 1% service
Old May 26th 2004, 7:50 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ducatiandy
That is the other difference here in Scotland, if someone agrees to buy your house it is a legal and binding contract and you have the right to sue for all extra costs incurred,if they pull out.
That's a popular misconception from the legal POV but it seems to work in practice like that.
Old May 26th 2004, 8:15 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Re the above............this is NOT the case( i thought it was lol)

It is only a legally binding contract once the missive(or whatever it is called) is signed, which is usually done within 2 weeks of the written offer goin in, after which if either party tries to pull out then yes they can be sued

The reason I know this is becos...................it happened to us buyers pulled out......but we sold again within a week so fingers crossed this time