Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Time on here, Any Ideas please?

First Time on here, Any Ideas please?

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:20 pm
Banned

ThomasLovesLions777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Time on here, Any Ideas please?

Hi everyone, Its my first message on these forums so I apologise for putting this on the wrong message board. I would like any ideas or suggestions if possible from everyone, Im 25 years old and have a Business Studies Diploma with A Levels and GCSE qualifications A-C grades. I am single and have about 10,000 UK Pounds saved and looking for a fresh start and to get out of the UK. I am into my fitness and exercise and work in a gym full time. I just want some options about what to do and would love a fresh start somewhere.

Thanks everyone

Thomas
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 12:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Time on here, Any Ideas please?

Originally Posted by ThomasLovesLions777
Hi everyone, Its my first message on these forums so I apologise for putting this on the wrong message board. I would like any ideas or suggestions if possible from everyone, Im 25 years old and have a Business Studies Diploma with A Levels and GCSE qualifications A-C grades. I am single and have about 10,000 UK Pounds saved and looking for a fresh start and to get out of the UK. I am into my fitness and exercise and work in a gym full time. I just want some options about what to do and would love a fresh start somewhere.

Thanks everyone

Thomas
Thought you were interested in USA? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601472
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

tieve is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're 25 and have a decent amount of savings behind you, and as Dorothy pointed out you seem to be interested in more than one country, why don't you come out here for a year on a working holiday visa and test it out? You can get 'round the world' flights where you can do various stopovers at each end of your trip and spend a year (or maybe 2 even?) working and travelling around Australia to see if it's for you.

Hell, if you want to try and test places you could even spend a year in Oz, a year in NZ and a year in Canada and see which takes your fancy! Only problem then would be to make sure you have skills to match where you want to settle!

If I was single and had the money, that's what I would do!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I would recomend comming here on the working holiday visa to. It lets you stay for 12months so it should give you time to see what you think of the place.
the only downside is you can only work for an employer for 3 months on that visa.

Once out here you can then start to look at permanent visas if you want to stay, thats what I did, 3 years later still here