Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To the people in Perth, where would you head with teenagers?

To the people in Perth, where would you head with teenagers?

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all
Default To the people in Perth, where would you head with teenagers?

As the title suggests, we have an 18 and 16 year old, so will need to live somewhere with enough going on for them.

When we validated we liked the feel of Freo and Subiaco, but I also liked Hillarys! It's difficult deciding, we have friends all over, from Butler, down to Baldivis. Hubby will work in the CBD and I will choose a hospital when we have decided of an area to settle. So our options are open really.

We will be renting, as we have decided to rent our house out over here due to not selling, so looking on property websites we will be able to choose pretty much anywhere.

I am just asking that in your experience of living there, where would you choose and why? All opinions welcome!

Vicky

ps. we are looking to go in july
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
Just Joined

penny and gary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To the people in Perth, where would you head with teenagers?

hi we are also heading to Perth ,we have Owen 18 and Demi 16 year old .
We will be coming out in sep ,we need to get a rental as well ,we have been looking at tapping ,maybe we can meet up ?
penny 40 and a hairdresser
gary 45 and painter and decorator.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Hi penny, will definately meet up with you, will post on here when we're settled with an update, so we can keep in touch!

Not looked at tapping, have you been there before? I'm busy researching so will have a look there.

vicky
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Joondalup might suit you ! Huge shopping centre, bars and lots of restaurants and train station.
Also has a hospital

Nicky
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say somewhere closer to the city or in fremantle, theres lots of suburbs around the city within 15-25mins bus ride that would do but it all depends on your budget really. Places like subiaco and cottesloe are great but very expensive, personally I would rather go somewhere like morley and pay half the rent you would in sub and still only be 20mins from the city
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

As stated by previous poster you need to look at your budget, then go from there
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Thnx everyone for your replies.

I know it's a subjective area, but i just wondered if anyone had ever thought, "oh i wish we lived there" in relation to their teenies.

I guess as long as they make friends, they will be happy!

vicky
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 2:23 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Thnx everyone for your replies.

I know it's a subjective area, but i just wondered if anyone had ever thought, "oh i wish we lived there" in relation to their teenies.

I guess as long as they make friends, they will be happy!

vicky
I would try to pick a place with good transport links then you won't be forever taxi-ing them around. My 16 year old is great-gets buses and trains everywhere but many expect their parents to.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sme
I would try to pick a place with good transport links then you won't be forever taxi-ing them around. My 16 year old is great-gets buses and trains everywhere but many expect their parents to.
Where do you live?
vicky
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:31 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Where do you live?
vicky

We live in Butler - to some it's the back of beyond (and maybe further!!!) but it's close to the beach, good transport links to Joondalup and the city (will be better when the train station gets built), lots of families, infrastructure (schools, shops, medical centre etc) and a pub being built. I work in Subi and get there driving in 40mins - husband works in Mindarie - 5 mins! 16yr old has a part time job in Woolworths in Ocean keys - 5 mins. So overall it suits us and the family - we have got involved with local activities - love surf life saving on a sunday!!!