Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First Things First

First Things First

Old Jan 13th 2007, 6:09 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of
Default First Things First

Hi there

Im new to all this forum stuff , im looking for information on the process of migrating to victoria from brum in the uk there will be 5 of us me,the wife and the 3 kids i dont want to use a agent if poss and am planning a trip there on the 2nd april 07 for three weeks. Im an electrician by trade and now a bit about the process of getting all my certs recognised, can anyone tell me how best to go about getting a visa and is the state teratory visa as good as it looks???

kind regards

martin
Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Things First

Originally Posted by martin4414
Hi there

Im new to all this forum stuff , im looking for information on the process of migrating to victoria from brum in the uk there will be 5 of us me,the wife and the 3 kids i dont want to use a agent if poss and am planning a trip there on the 2nd april 07 for three weeks. Im an electrician by trade and now a bit about the process of getting all my certs recognised, can anyone tell me how best to go about getting a visa and is the state teratory visa as good as it looks???

kind regards

martin

Hi Martin

Welcome to BE

You say you know about the TRA assessment, so that's great. That's ther first thing you need to do. Here's their website so you've got addresses, e-mails etc http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...al/Migrant/TRA

There is also a part of the site for Electricians here, take a look its got some really useful info in for when you get here and have to do it all again http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Make sure you get three or four copies of your references, certificates etc as this will help you when you apply for your ARTC certificate. It's more or less the same form as for the TRA, so write down what you are putting for answers then it'll be easier to fill in

When you've got your TRA you can move on to the next step. Depends which visa you are getting as to what you do. Have a really good check on the DIMA site and see what your options are www.immi.gov.au