Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

first shipping quote in, expensive?

first shipping quote in, expensive?

Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default first shipping quote in, expensive?

hi all,
i have just had anglo pacific in who has said that just over half a container would cost £3250, he says the added extras would be fumigation and insurance. i thought it would be cheaper than this, what do you think? he also gave me quote for a full container at £3600 but then this wouldnt allow us to add any extra stuff to the container to fill it up which i find really odd. why would you have a full container in that case?
second company coming this afternoon, PSS.
thanks
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first shipping quote in, expensive?

Yep thats expesive we had a quote for a 40 ft and that was about 4,200 with Simpsons. We had Allied Pickfords last week 6,800 for a 40ft - they are having a laugh!!!plus they wanted about 800 pnd for the fumigation the other side?! Dont remember paying that last time we went to Oz.

WE used PSS last time we went o oz paid about 3,000 but had a few things broken other end, saying that they didnt argue about coughing up with the insurance money!.

Kath

Last edited by Kath & Graham; Aug 5th 2009 at 11:48 am. Reason: crap at spelling!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

yeah i should have said that this was for half a 20ft, do these people think we are fools? he went on saying how the commonwealth bank endorse them so they must be the best!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

What a load of old rubbish!!! When I told Allied she was quite put out that I told her she was well overpriced!!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:32 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

I just ordered a 40' container for £3,123 - self pack/load. This includes everything through to final delivery (including a piano handling charge) except for AQIS charges, which we will have to pay locally in Melbourne. Total-loss insurance direct from L&P is 0.25%.

- CDM
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sormesher
hi all,
i have just had anglo pacific in who has said that just over half a container would cost £3250, he says the added extras would be fumigation and insurance. i thought it would be cheaper than this, what do you think? he also gave me quote for a full container at £3600 but then this wouldnt allow us to add any extra stuff to the container to fill it up which i find really odd. why would you have a full container in that case?
second company coming this afternoon, PSS.
thanks
I would assume the reason they quote more for a full container is that it is for your sole use. When they quote for a part container then I would say that is shared and they will put in the belongings from someone else with your container. It usually also means that it may take a couple of weeks longer as they need to wait to match someone up with you. They factor in the packaging materials and time taken to do it into their quote so if you add more stuff you would expect to pay more.

I have had quotes recently from Allied, Robinsons and PSS and they range from £3300 to £3800 for a sole use full 20ft container. Pack and unpack included. Customs clearance charges are always extra and you usually pay once in Australia. Insurance is also extra. I thought these quotes are fairly reasonable and figured the extra grand for the full service as opposed to self-pack may save my sanity.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all

Full container with crown and insurance, £4000 although it hasnt arrived yet, supposed to be tomorrow.

Reason we had a full was because of the thieving gits robbing stuff inbetween loads!

Shouldnt have too but the world we live in and all that!
Old Aug 16th 2009, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CDM
I just ordered a 40' container for £3,123 - self pack/load. This includes everything through to final delivery (including a piano handling charge) except for AQIS charges, which we will have to pay locally in Melbourne. Total-loss insurance direct from L&P is 0.25%.

- CDM
Can you please just tell us a few pointers please

1,who can i order 1 from?
2,do they leave it at your house and how long do you have?
3,who is l&p?
4,who will deliver it to your house in oz?

many thanks

jase
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by seanpears99
Full container with crown and insurance, £4000 although it hasnt arrived yet, supposed to be tomorrow.

Reason we had a full was because of the thieving gits robbing stuff inbetween loads!

Shouldnt have too but the world we live in and all that!
Has this happened to many people who share a container? We won't be bringing enough stuff with us to fill an container, so am now a bit concerned. We are having our first quote this Thursday with Excess.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Can you please just tell us a few pointers please

1,who can i order 1 from?
2,do they leave it at your house and how long do you have?
3,who is l&p?
4,who will deliver it to your house in oz?

many thanks

jase
L&P is probably Letton Percival who insure your goods while they are heading over. Very easy to do. They send out a form with instructions. You complete it and send it back with your premium. Goods insured.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

We have had 2 quiotes so far, both for a 20ft container plus some shared:-

Anglo Pacific 1300 cu ft £6000
Crown 1200 cu ft £5700

Both seemed expensive compared to prices i have seen on this and other threads.

Charlie
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Bejesus charlie
I hope that aint a new trend of a price boom!!!

We shall be defo packing our own,just need to find out about all costs once in oz and how much to deliver to new oz addy!!!

cheers for posting matey

jason
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

I suppose it also depends where in the UK the pick up is, and where they are down loading in Australia.We are in regional WA 3 hours from Perth (part container) arriving into Aberdeen then onto Morayshire (1 1/4 hours from Aberdeen).This includes packing and unpacking $4200.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 10:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jane and Jason
Has this happened to many people who share a container? We won't be bringing enough stuff with us to fill an container, so am now a bit concerned. We are having our first quote this Thursday with Excess.
It happens but then it happens with sole use containers as well. There are thieves about and a tiny minority of them manage to get jobs with shippers. Don't worry about it, the vast majority of people get their stuff safe and sound (maybe a couple of breakages sometimes but.....) As is the way with everything in life, you will always hear people shout about the bad stuff whilst those that are happy are less likely to bother shouting about great service.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi

We have had 2 quiotes so far, both for a 20ft container plus some shared:-

Anglo Pacific 1300 cu ft £6000
Crown 1200 cu ft £5700

Both seemed expensive compared to prices i have seen on this and other threads.

Charlie

My god! We were around £4700 (don't have exact figures at the mo) with Anglo Pacific for a full 20 ft container plus overspil. Scotland to Perth with full packing and unpacking.

From the quote figures you have given above that really does seem like the sole use of a 40ft container.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.