Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First day at Aussie School

First day at Aussie School

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default First day at Aussie School

Oh god, I've been crying like a baby. Just taken the girls (13 and 10 for heavens sake) to their first day in an Aussie School. First day of any school since mid November.

First born looked so scared, tiddler being her normal self - not show emotion and get through it.

I came away sobbing. I never did that, or even come close when they started school in the UK. For crying out loud what's the matter with me
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:20 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First day at Aussie School

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oh god, I've been crying like a baby. Just taken the girls (13 and 10 for heavens sake) to their first day in an Aussie School. First day of any school since mid November.

First born looked so scared, tiddler being her normal self - not show emotion and get through it.

I came away sobbing. I never did that, or even come close when they started school in the UK. For crying out loud what's the matter with me
My son has just gone back (YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!) into year 6. Had a bit of a 'I don't feel well' when he first got up - but he's there now
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Aw bless you. How long have you been there? I hadnt realised you had already gone, I've really lost touch with everybody on here. I havent been online much since going back to work. I'm so pleased for you.

As for the children going to school. It has been such a stressful time for you and now you have finally made it you are probably just feeling emotional about everything. I bet your girls think youre mad and are taking it all in their stride . I hope they enjoy their new school and that they make loads of new friends.

Tracey
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:31 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you poor thing ! Our schools dont go back until 31st jan so my eldest starts grade 3 and my baby starts prep, he's only turned 5 so im really not looking forward to him going !!!
No doubt when they are there, they will have a ball and have lots of things to tell you when they get back, i know my eldest cant wait to get back and see all her friends again !
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Oh you poor thing ! Our schools dont go back until 31st jan so my eldest starts grade 3 and my baby starts prep, he's only turned 5 so im really not looking forward to him going !!!
No doubt when they are there, they will have a ball and have lots of things to tell you when they get back, i know my eldest cant wait to get back and see all her friends again !
Thanks guys. Just a blip on the whole changing entire lives radar I think. I know they will be fine, they are both very friendly (despite how they look at meets ) and will settle in quickly. Emotion certainly caught me unawares - normally can't wait to get them back to school and they have been off for a very long time. Oh well, better get on with the shopping list :scared:
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here 12 months now and my daughter said this morning that she was really nervous. She is going into year 7 and her teacher is brand new to the school.
I am sure your children will be fine, they will be the centre of attention today no doubt.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:44 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get emotional at sending daughters no.1 and no.2 off to school when they started in the uk - always too busy with a younger sibling or two! However, my youngest daughter is due to start here in Oz on 1st Feb and I am already feeling sad about that. Not because she will find it difficult - she will take to it like a duck to water and is so eager but I guess I will find it hard coz it is my last little one to make her way out into the big world without me!

Probably what is scarier for me is knowing how I will fill my time without kids between 9am-3pm! Hubby thinks I should go out to work. :scared:

Binbird
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by binbird
Probably what is scarier for me is knowing how I will fill my time without kids between 9am-3pm! Hubby thinks I should go out to work. :scared:

Binbird
I've got to look for work or I will not meet anyone Haven't "worked" for 13 years and haven't stopping working at all during that time

Ohh, love her, just got a text from first born saying "all ok, made some friends" Just hope she doesn't want them back for tea today

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 22nd 2006 at 11:54 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:05 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to look for work or I will not meet anyone Haven't "worked" for 13 years and haven't stopping working at all during that time

Ohh, love her, just got a text from first born saying "all ok, made some friends" Just hope she doesn't want them back for tea today
Yeah - how can we possibly have visitors for tea when we are so busy all day even without going out to work?! (Maybe if someone confiscates our computers!!! lol)

Binbird
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Mine too! we only arrived in OZ on the 8th Dec so today is the 1st Ozzy school day for them they both looked scared stiff ( Me too!) they are 6yrs and 14 yrs, they are both at Chancellor Park on the Sunshine Coast.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh Pen. Dont worry things can only get better
Take care.

debsxxxx
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet they get on fine my two love their school, even Cameron!!

Hope it went well today

Sue x.........
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know you'd moved!

Anyway, I bet your kids will love the school and it will give you a chance to make lots of new friends.
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:23 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Wish my lot were back at school, another week and half of them :scared:
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:36 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Oh Pen. Dont worry things can only get better
Take care.

debsxxxx
it does get better - they have to go back again tomorrow!!! 6weeks off is a long time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.