Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First BBQ of the year

First BBQ of the year

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First BBQ of the year

We've just finished our first Barbie of the year and it was almost a total success - good weather, good food, good beer... So what was wrong?

Alas it was in Northumberland and not Perth. Oh well hopefully be enjoying our first Aussie BBQ of the year very soon. Hmmm...
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 7:12 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

well not that im bragging but we have already had loads of barbies

all thanks to the patio heater
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

jodie is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony no doubt you will be enjoying a Barbie in Perth very soon !

Originally posted by kelli28

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:04 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Its winter here in Christchurch NZ and the sun is shining and you really could still get away with having a barbie ... cant believe the wonderful weather we are having here at the moment
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:00 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First BBQ of the year

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
We've just finished our first Barbie of the year and it was almost a total success - good weather, good food, good beer... So what was wrong?

Alas it was in Northumberland and not Perth. Oh well hopefully be enjoying our first Aussie BBQ of the year very soon. Hmmm...

Not with the current weather here you wont !!!!! Its very, very cold (translate as bl**dy freezing) Plus it due to rain for the next 4 days - Arrrgh !!!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by kelli28

They sell those patio heaters out here, so bring it with you when you come they are quite popular.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:12 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove

dont worry mate. someday this will all be yours (taken last week)

Last edited by soapy©; Jun 17th 2004 at 2:14 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:14 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Someone has stabbed you with a fluorescent knife.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:17 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Someone has stabbed you with a fluorescent knife.
well, it was a bit dark
i forgot that shirt is like that. i claim that its my heart glowing
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

This has probably been posted before but here goes:

DEFINITION OF AN OZ BBQ
It's the only type of cooking a real man will do. When a man
volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
1) The woman goes to the shops.
2) The woman makes the salad, vegetables and dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with
the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man, who is
lounging beside the grill, beer in hand.
4) The man places the meat on the grill.
5) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.He thanks
her and asks if she will bring another beer whilst he deals with the
situation.
7) The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
8) The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
10) Everyone praises man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.
11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."
12) And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no
pleasing some women!

Ring any bells ladies!!
CK
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:46 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by CK2B
This has probably been posted before but here goes:

DEFINITION OF AN OZ BBQ
It's the only type of cooking a real man will do. When a man
volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
1) The woman goes to the shops.
2) The woman makes the salad, vegetables and dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with
the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man, who is
lounging beside the grill, beer in hand.
4) The man places the meat on the grill.
5) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.He thanks
her and asks if she will bring another beer whilst he deals with the
situation.
7) The man takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
8) The woman prepares the plates and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
10) Everyone praises man and thanks him for his cooking efforts.
11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."
12) And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no
pleasing some women!

Ring any bells ladies!!
CK
u forgot to mention cleanin the barbie he hehe
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:51 pm
mickj

Oi Oi geezer ! Like the make shift lamp on the fence The barbie sure looks nice, yummy

Originally posted by soapy
dont worry mate. someday this will all be yours (taken last week)

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by mickj
Oi Oi geezer ! Like the make shift lamp on the fence The barbie sure looks nice, yummy
i forgot how early it got dark. i went to bunnings the next day and bought a big lamp for outside. place looks like blackpool now. im too scared to put it on. we are in the flight path:scared:
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:56 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

It is a gas barbie!!

I as a woman know I can cook better and more efficently in the grill or oven. But when I need to I also know a charcoal burner is the real deal!

Cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:59 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by Sandra
It is a gas barbie!!

I as a woman know I can cook better and more efficently in the grill or oven. But when I need to I also know a charcoal burner is the real deal!

Cheers
ah see thats what i thought , till i got here. i get the feeling i would be laughed at for using the coals. i always did in the uk.
now its gas gas gas !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.