Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First BBQ of the year

First BBQ of the year

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:01 pm
mickj

Alright if you are living in the middle of nowhere, i don't think your neighbours will appreciate all that charcoal and ashes smell. But you are right, charcoal burner is the "canine's testicles"

Originally posted by Sandra
It is a gas barbie!!

I as a woman know I can cook better and more efficently in the grill or oven. But when I need to I also know a charcoal burner is the real deal!

Cheers

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickj
Alright if you are living in the middle of nowhere, i don't think your neighbours will appreciate all that charcoal and ashes smell. But you are right, charcoal burner is the "canine's testicles"
your right there mate, i dont miss the taste of fire lighters
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:06 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

right, lets see all your photos of your barbies !
theres a waiting for the best.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:08 pm
mickj

So what does the barbie area look like now then? Still can't get that image of the barbie out of my head, add some naan bread to that, and you are sor'ed. With some greek salad and lemonade of course.

Yummy....can you send some my way pls?

Originally posted by soapy
your right there mate, i dont miss the taste of fire lighters

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:10 pm
Master of verbal pish©

So what does the barbie area look like now then? Still can't get that image of the barbie out of my head, add some naan bread to that, and you are sor'ed. With some greek salad and lemonade of course.

Yummy....can you send some my way pls?
oh u should try some naan filled with cheese from the barbie... its the best
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:12 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

ah see thats what i thought , till i got here. i get the feeling i would be laughed at for using the coals. i always did in the uk.
now its gas gas gas !!
But when they try to sell you a tray to put bits of smelly stuff on live under the gas flame to give it that apple wood smoke flavour!!! And they are charging you 3-4K$ for the pleasure?

Bollocks, buy a cheaper bigger looking gas barbie (if you as a man need it) and let you wife cook it in the oven with the normal marinades and then give it to you (hubby) to wave at the gas contraption!

I really need to know how many actually cook any chicken on these things - other than kebabs (actually mine are always pre cooked prior to hubby burning them on the out door gas oven).

Come on be honest - cooking on an outside gas oven is bullshit!

Get Real .......Get Fire!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:13 pm
mickj

Is that right? You will say that won't you

oh u should try some naan filled with cheese from the barbie... its the best

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:16 pm
Master of verbal pish©

But when they try to sell you a tray to put bits of smelly stuff on live under the gas flame to give it that apple wood smoke flavour!!! And they are charging you 3-4K$ for the pleasure?

Bollocks, buy a cheaper bigger looking gas barbie (if you as a man need it) and let you wife cook it in the oven with the normal marinades and then give it to you (hubby) to wave at the gas contraption!

I really need to know how many actually cook any chicken on these things - other than kebabs (actually mine are always pre cooked prior to hubby burning them on the out door gas oven).

Come on be honest - cooking on an outside gas oven is bullshit!

Get Real .......Get Fire!
see, thats why we are so good at it. all you do its put the chicken to one side, the flame at the other, close the lid and wait. hey presto!
now dont u go telling your man all my tips now

Last edited by soapy©; Jun 3rd 2004 at 3:21 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:22 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Is that right? You will say that won't you
im no expert. im just trying to get as fat as i can as quick as i can
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:24 pm
mickj

You are making a good job of it by the look of things from that picture, even loosing your hair in the process

I know what to get you now next time i come round for a barbie

im no expert. im just trying to get as fat as i can as quick as i can

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

You are making a good job of it by the look of things from that picture, even loosing your hair in the process

I know what to get you now next time i come round for a barbie
all the fat and hairloss came from cooking indoors
if i stay out long enough in the sun cooking. my head will look like ive got red hair. its a long shot !
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:37 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

see, thats why we are so good at it. all you do its put the chicken to one side, the flame at the other, close the lid and wait. hey presto!
now dont u go telling your man all my tips now
What the!

are you doing up this time of night in Sydney discussing the non value of gas barbies.

???
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

What the!

are you doing up this time of night in Sydney discussing the non value of gas barbies.

???
i spend all day in the sun. then sit at night filling your heads with....

you will thank me for it later
non value !!!!! tut tut hmmmmmmm
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:45 pm
mickj

All day in the sun, and you are not Tanned? Are you sure you are using Factor 25 and nothing less than that ? Hmmmmm.......an enigma

i spend all day in the sun. then sit at night filling your heads with....

you will thank me for it later
non value !!!!! tut tut hmmmmmmm

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:50 pm
Master of verbal pish©

All day in the sun, and you are not Tanned? Are you sure you are using Factor 25 and nothing less than that ? Hmmmmm.......an enigma
im only here a few weeks. and u need factor 30 here