Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First 2 viewings today!!!!!!!!

First 2 viewings today!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:08 pm
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: First 2 viewings today!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by scissors
Thanks guys,we had an offer yesterday,funnily enough it was the very first people that looked at it,and the ones that seemed the least interested,just goes to show you never can tell
tracey
Hi Tracey!!

How long was it between them coming round and making an offer?

We have had 2 lots round. One didn't seem too interested and the other seemed really interested, but no offer from either and they were a week ago.

Then we have had 2 lots of timewasters deciding not to turn up.

MM.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First 2 viewings today!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by molloymj
Hi Tracey!!

How long was it between them coming round and making an offer?

We have had 2 lots round. One didn't seem too interested and the other seemed really interested, but no offer from either and they were a week ago.

Then we have had 2 lots of timewasters deciding not to turn up.

MM.
hiya,it was a week between viewing and making an offer,we didnt think they were interested,goes to show doesnt it.

I told my agent we didnt want anyone round unless they were in a position to buy,so we had no time wasters.

best of luck for the weekend

tracey
Old Mar 24th 2005, 5:26 pm

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough

hiya,it was a week between viewing and making an offer,we didnt think they were interested,goes to show doesnt it.

I told my agent we didnt want anyone round unless they were in a position to buy,so we had no time wasters.

best of luck for the weekend

tracey
Cheers Tracey, there's hope for us yet then!!

Mike.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

karma sent as promised to

sue from manchester
lucyemma 5
the rossers
molloyrj

hope you have some luck over the weekend,let me know how you get on

tracey
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:18 am

I thought this weekend would be the busiest of the year and our estate agents are only open Saturday!

More time spent worrying witht he departure clock ticking down - 68 days to go.

MM.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by molloymj
I thought this weekend would be the busiest of the year and our estate agents are only open Saturday!

More time spent worrying witht he departure clock ticking down - 68 days to go.

MM.
blimey that terrible,i thought it would b busy this weekend to,our agents are open all weekend
Hope you have some luck soon 68 days isnt long is it,i feel for you,i really do.

Im not to pleased really they ve put a sold board up outside ours this morning,and i told them i wanted to rcieve viewers until the people have ahd their survey and there mortgage offer,so im gonna ring em up,bloody cheek

Where are you heading by the way.

tracey
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:48 am

blimey that terrible,i thought it would b busy this weekend to,our agents are open all weekend
Hope you have some luck soon 68 days isnt long is it,i feel for you,i really do.

Im not to pleased really they ve put a sold board up outside ours this morning,and i told them i wanted to rcieve viewers until the people have ahd their survey and there mortgage offer,so im gonna ring em up,bloody cheek

Where are you heading by the way.

tracey
Hopefully people will look on the Internet today and all pile in tomorrow to book viewings

We haven't got the Visa yet either. Sounds mad, but we have always had the 1st June in our heads, so thats when we are going. We are at the Meds stage of the Visa, so we may have it before 1st June. If not we are going to travel round Oz for a while and then hop to Auckland to pick it up when we receive notification.

We are heading for Sydney.

MM.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:56 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

karma sent as promised to

sue from manchester
lucyemma 5
the rossers
molloyrj

hope you have some luck over the weekend,let me know how you get on

tracey
Thanks for the karma, and I hope the sale goes through OK.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Thanks for the karma, and I hope the sale goes through OK.
thanks mate,so do i,nothing is definate til the contracts are signed ,trouble is we dont know whether t go ahead a book flights,what if it all falls through last minute :scared: :scared:
A sold board has gone up today
Im really nervous now :scared: :scared: much karma needed!!!!!!!!!!!

tracey
Old Mar 25th 2005, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

thanks mate,so do i,nothing is definate til the contracts are signed ,trouble is we dont know whether t go ahead a book flights,what if it all falls through last minute :scared: :scared:

tracey

A "sold" board?
Our estate agent won't even put a "sale agreed" sign up until after the survey comes back ok.
I'm quite glad really as we don't want to tempt fate with all the heartache we have had so far.

Bet it's a great feeling though
Old Mar 25th 2005, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dicko
A "sold" board?
Our estate agent won't even put a "sale agreed" sign up until after the survey comes back ok.
I'm quite glad really as we don't want to tempt fate with all the heartache we have had so far.

Bet it's a great feeling though
i know im not to happy about it really,but we know they have a mortgage,and there nothing wrong with the house :scared: we hope :scared: im gonna ring em up about it though,

tracey
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:02 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

tracey
Tracey

Have been reading this thread with interest - seeing as we are also in the house selling game - for the 2nd time.

We, too, have accepted an offer and have a surveyor round next Wednesday but we learnt from bitter experience from our previous "sale" last September that nothing is completed until the fat lady sings.

After 4 months - the "buyer" didn't have the money. We had booked flights, given up jobs at Christmas etc - and we are still here.

I guess what I am saying is DO NOT BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS AT LEAST UNTIL CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN EXCHANGED.

You could always ask for 10% deposit also - instead of the usual 5% - that will show if they are willing to last the course.

Good luck

Jim
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Tracey

Have been reading this thread with interest - seeing as we are also in the house selling game - for the 2nd time.

We, too, have accepted an offer and have a surveyor round next Wednesday but we learnt from bitter experience from our previous "sale" last September that nothing is completed until the fat lady sings.

After 4 months - the "buyer" didn't have the money. We had booked flights, given up jobs at Christmas etc - and we are still here.

I guess what I am saying is DO NOT BOOK YOUR FLIGHTS AT LEAST UNTIL CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN EXCHANGED.

You could always ask for 10% deposit also - instead of the usual 5% - that will show if they are willing to last the course.

Good luck

Jim

Hiya Jim

How is your sale going? ours is very slow, just want to get it done as quick as poss so no one pulls out

Hope its all going well

Sue
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Tracey

Good luck

Jim
Thanks jim, i dont think we will book flights at all till the contracts have been exchanged,this is what we ve been thinking,we ve sold 2 houses previous to this one and both fell through after 4months,so this expereince has made us wary :scared:

tracey
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:15 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hiya Jim

How is your sale going? ours is very slow, just want to get it done as quick as poss so no one pulls out

Hope its all going well

Sue
Hello Sue

Good to hear from you - as you can see we are now "up and running" again with the buyer's surveyor due next Wednesday - that at least shows willing on their part. They are are also letting their house - there is a great shortage of houses for rent here - in order that they are in a position to move quickly on ours - all the time the "For Sale" sign is up could mean we are open to other offers - although we have taken it off the market to be fair to them.

Unlike last time, however, we will be hassling the agent after a week or two, if nothing seems to be progressing.

You know my general feelings on the house selling/buying fiasco in this country and I won't bore you, or anyone else, with that again here!!

What I, and most others on here, don't now want, is some smat a**e coming on to tell us to drop the price by 10%, 20% or whatever - its all stressful enough without that!!

Fingers, and whatever else, crossed for all of us!!

Jim

ps at least its no longer snowing, Sue!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.