Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

First 2 viewings today!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

First 2 viewings today!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First 2 viewings today!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Sue

Good to hear from you - as you can see we are now "up and running" again with the buyer's surveyor due next Wednesday - that at least shows willing on their part. They are are also letting their house - there is a great shortage of houses for rent here - in order that they are in a position to move quickly on ours - all the time the "For Sale" sign is up could mean we are open to other offers - although we have taken it off the market to be fair to them.

Unlike last time, however, we will be hassling the agent after a week or two, if nothing seems to be progressing.

You know my general feelings on the house selling/buying fiasco in this country and I won't bore you, or anyone else, with that again here!!

What I, and most others on here, don't now want, is some smat a**e coming on to tell us to drop the price by 10%, 20% or whatever - its all stressful enough without that!!

Fingers, and whatever else, crossed for all of us!!

Jim

ps at least its no longer snowing, Sue!!
Glad its all going well I know what you mean about people saying to drop the price....it as if people think that you have`nt got the sense to keep an eye on things in your own area, if we had done as some of the others had said we would have been seriously out of pocket!

Keep us posted on how it goes

Sue....Not wrong about snowing!! its been really nice the past few days
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Tracey and to everyone else who is trying or has sold ...fingers crossed for all

Sue
Old Mar 25th 2005, 8:33 am
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scissors
thanks mate,so do i,nothing is definate til the contracts are signed ,trouble is we dont know whether t go ahead a book flights,what if it all falls through last minute :scared: :scared:
A sold board has gone up today
Im really nervous now :scared: :scared: much karma needed!!!!!!!!!!!

tracey
Book the flights - we have!! You only live once!!

We haven't even got an offer!

MM.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

To Jim, Sue and Tracy,

Really wish you all well and loads of good luck with the house sales. We will keep our fingers crossed for you all. When all else fails, have a large

Judith
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
Thanks jim, i dont think we will book flights at all till the contracts have been exchanged,this is what we ve been thinking,we ve sold 2 houses previous to this one and both fell through after 4months,so this expereince has made us wary :scared:

tracey
Hi Tracey,
I definitely wouldn't make any commitments till contracts are exchanged. Ours fell through the day we were due to exchange. This is not me trying to add doom and gloom. We had a new cash buyer two days after, and in fact we exchanged contracts really quickly after that (about two weeks). We put a clause in the estate agent contract saying that if our buyers couldn't exchange within 28 days we would put the house back on the market. They moved like greased lightning. They bought the survey and searches off the previous buyer, and of-course they didn't need a mortgage so we were really lucky. One house down - one to go - estate agent comes round on Tuesday to do the business. Off we go again! I'll try and send you some Karma but it keeps saying I have to spread it around before I give you more. Anyway - Good luck with your sale - nice to hear its happening relatively quickly.

Netta
Old Mar 25th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by molloymj
Book the flights - we have!! You only live once!!

We haven't even got an offer!

MM.
gosh mm,you are brave,i dont think we l be doing that,i darent
:scared: we ll see how things pan out,im a bit sceptical about things,i dont believe them unyil they happen,sometimes a good thing sometimes not.

good luck babe,tracey